Schedule change for 2014 season opener (Confirmed)

The #Vols are considering moving the Utah State game to Sunday, August 31st per @John_BriceVQ."

Reactions: 1 person
Wished they were making changes to the OU game. Buyout and buy a win. Need a bowl. We play enough tough games for a team in a major rebuild.

Reactions: 9 people
Wished they were making changes to the OU game. Buyout and buy a win. Need a bowl. We play enough tough games for a team in a major rebuild.

Way to bring something into this discussion that has no place. Come on man focus on the matter at hand.

Reactions: 6 people
Who cares? I'm willing to devote every fall Saturday and/or Sunday to UT Football. Bring on Sunday.

I care. And I assume most of us who have to travel from out of town for the game would care. I don't care what day it's on, but it's pretty important for planning purposes.

My only concern is combining the gameday crowd with the boomsday crowd. I'm not the biggest fan of boomsday due to the enormous amount of people that go, and I have to think that the number of people in Knoxville that Sunday is going to be even worse if holding both events on the same day.

It's a great recruiting tool. I know it's a hardship for some fans. But I'm sure that it will all work out. I'll be watching on TV. Go Vols

I care. And I assume most of us who have to travel from out of town for the game would care. I don't care what day it's on, but it's pretty important for planning purposes.

You've got almost 5 months to plan for it. I think that's enough lead time.

Serious question, how do plan for travel when they move the time from Noon to 7PM? You get about 10-11 days notice for those.

My only concern is combining the gameday crowd with the boomsday crowd. I'm not the biggest fan of boomsday due to the enormous amount of people that go, and I have to think that the number of people in Knoxville that Sunday is going to be even worse if holding both events on the same day.

They will switch days.

I was the first to announce this well over a month ago and I created a thread.

Here is link for proof:
http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/215310-utah-state-gametime.html

giphy.gif

Reactions: 4 people
My bad, thought it was longer ago than the 12th of March. BTW you don't have to be such a dick about it :)

Says the guy who arrogantly claims how smart he is and how old the news is since you knew about it soooo long ago...

Reactions: 3 people
The next day is Labor day so most won't have an issue
No issue for me either, doesn't matter which day it's on, but now I'll probably stay saturday to monday instead of friday to sunday.
You've got almost 5 months to plan for it. I think that's enough lead time.

Serious question, how do plan for travel when they move the time from Noon to 7PM? You get about 10-11 days notice for those.
No doubt, 5 months is more than enough time. Again, I have no issue with it being on sunday, I was just responding to the guy that said "who cares" by stating that most of us out of towners care what day it will actually be on because of planning purposes. And to answer your questions about the actual kick off time, 95% of the time I come in the day before anyways.

VN Store

Back