Poor student turnout for student appreciation practice

VFLCodyGBO

WGWTFA
The University has to find was to get the students more involved, winning solves everything. Butch was expecting 3000 and might have gotten 300.

on a Saturday morning? How bout put out chicken fingers and fries on a Friday or Saturday night practice with some of that special peanut butter for anti chicken folk and I bet they could get 10k

Reactions: 17 people
saturday morning for a spring practice? I wouldn't have been there either
when I was in school...

Reactions: 7 people
did it too early on a saturday morning. if it was later in the day it would have been better. you could see it coming. not a big deal

I was planning on it and may still go, but the nail in the coffin was it being at 10 in the morning

All of the kids who get rowdy for sports games are still hungover right now.

10 am isn't even late enough for kegs n eggs.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm a very passionate student/fan. Making the practice on Saturday Morning at 10 AM was a horrible idea. 80% of college students are asleep at 10AM on a Saturday, as was I. I would have 100% went if it were at night.

Reactions: 5 people
An 8pm practice Saturday night under the lights, that would have been sweet!

An 8pm practice Saturday night under the lights, that would have been sweet!

we'd have preparties for something like that. Throw in some finger foods and a dj, make it an hour and a half of fun (with plenty of security), let the kids get there and see some one on one drills up close.

The kids today don't care about football, as they did back in the day.

whatever. I went to UT in '88. My ass would've just gotten in a few hours before practice and wouldn't drive from Woodmeade at 9 am on Saturday morning. Maybe your college experience was that of a David Lipscomb and in bed by 10. Just the rowdy fans we need.

Reactions: 7 people
Butch should go all saban and revoke their tickets along with scalding them in public. Then he should proceed to rip all the media,, fan base, and assistant coaches.... Hell it works for the Dwarf.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, you can't realistically expect thousands of students to wake up at 9:30-10 on a Saturday morning for a spring practice.

If Butch was concerned about attendance he should have picked a normal game day start time. 10AM on a Saturday is a terrible time even for most people much less college students that have classes Monday - Friday.

The kids today don't care about football, as they did back in the day.

^Bookworm! :)

Students coming to practice at 10:00am on Saturday?????

It is to laugh! :lolabove:

My Hangover wouldn't be over till about 5:00 pm, if then!

Reactions: 2 people
whatever. I went to UT in '88. My ass would've just gotten in a few hours before practice and wouldn't drive from Woodmeade at 9 am on Saturday morning. Maybe your college experience was that of a David Lipscomb and in bed by 10. Just the rowdy fans we need.

I would of went if I was in bed at 3am. Any chance to watch the vols, is something everyone should take advantage of.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with the early start being poor planning. Heck, even the Memphis Tigers get it. They are having their Blue and Grey game on a Friday night at 7pm so that all 20 of their fans will show up. LOL

^Bookworm! :)

My Hangover wouldn't be over till about 5:00 pm, if then!

a few beers when you wake up,hangover cured...
of course Dean Wormer never gave me the fat,drunk and stupid pep talk...

my dad on the other hand.....:crazy:

I would of went if I was in bed at 3am. Any chance to watch the vols, is something everyone should take advantage of.

if i'm in college and still laying in bed with a young lady that 20 yrs later I will be amazed I was with, I'm not getting up to go to a practice. We talkin bout practice. Practice man. Not a game. Practice.

Reactions: 3 people
Playing that rap will give me an excuse to omit the Orange & White game. It was a stupid show last year. I can't imagine what a hungover student would feel like with that pounding.

As a student I would have appreciated it more if the practice was held after my morning hangover poop.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back