Last 100 years

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Last 100 years ~ Neyland>Dickey> Majors>Fulmer>Wyatt> Battle> Jones>Kiffin>Dooley

Close?

Neyland/Fulmer/Majors/Dickey/Barnhill/Battle/Wyatt/Jones/Kiffin/Dooley...

had to change it due to getting 2 coaches mixed up...
but have no doubt that Jones will pass a few...

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I'd put Fulmer ahead of Majors. Anyone that won a NC is ahead of anyone who didn't.

Majors did win a national title - many years before Fulmer. He just did it at the wrong school. Plus, he came in second for the heisman trophy.

Reactions: 1 person
Majors did win a national title - many years before Fulmer. He just did it at the wrong school. Plus, he came in second for the heisman trophy.

Majors: 185-137-10......116-62-8 at UT
Fulmer: 152-52

I would have to say that Fulmer was better.

Reactions: 6 people
If we are saying while they were at UT, Neyland>Fulmer>Dickey>Majors>the rest (with the jury still being out on Jones).

Reactions: 3 people
I have to give Majors bonus points for righting the ship...
CBJ as well,but have to let his career play out...

1. Neyland

2. Majors
3. Fulmer

Majors rebuilt the program, Fulmer took it on to win the NC. My personal opinion Majors would not have won a NC at TN and Fulmer would not have been able to rebuild the program . It took both men to get us the 1998 National Championship. Jmo.

Reactions: 8 people
Neyland-Fulmer-Wyatt-Majors-Dickey-Battle-Kiffin-Dooley

Don't Have Jones ranked because there is no way to tell how that will turn out.. He could win us 3 NC in the next 6 years and easily warrant being in the mix with Neyland and Fulmer. He also could destroy the program all together. Heaps of violations that make the NCAA give UT the Death Penalty, and therefor way worse then Dooley.

The thread title is messing up this page on my iphone. I can't decide if I'm annoyed or impressed.

1. Neyland

2. Majors
3. Fulmer

Majors rebuilt the program, Fulmer took it on to win the NC. My personal opinion Majors would not have won a NC at TN and Fulmer would not have been able to rebuild the program . It took both men to get us the 1998 National Championship. Jmo.

My oh my do we forget how great it was under Fulmer the first 10 to 12 years. We were mad if we lost a game. Not 4 games, a game. Nobody in my lifetime has done that. Fulmer I love ya man, and I hope Jones can do what he did.

Neyland by many many miles!
Majors inherited a mess about like Jones did. Fulmer started out way ahead of the game & was able to build it even greater.

Neyland and Fulmer are the only UT coaches in the Hall of Fame as coaches. Both won a national title at Tennessee.

I'd say Neyland, Fulmer, and Majors (in that order) are in a separate category than everyone else. Then, it would be Dickey, Wyatt, and Battle. Kiffin is the worst hire in UT football history with Dooley a close second.

Too early to tell on Jones but we all have high hopes.

Reactions: 1 person
Mods, can we do something about this thread title?!? It's making the forum look jacked up on my iphone.

Majors: 185-137-10......116-62-8 at UT
Fulmer: 152-52

I would have to say that Fulmer was better.

Not where you start but where you finish. Majors' winning percentage for his last ten years was better than Fulmer's last ten.

Hard to tell in the pic but everything is very slim and doesn't stretch to the whole page. Lol

VN Store

Back