Emmanuel Moseley making an early impression

kamoshika

Emmanuel Moseley looked dead to rights.

Marquez North, Tennessee's Freshman All-SEC receiver, had a step on the Volunteers' first-semester cornerback as he ran a fade pattern into the back corner of the end zone during Thursday afternoon's practice.

It was a certain touchdown.

The wiry 5-foot-11 Moseley had other ideas.

Even though North got two hands on the football, Moseley stuck his right hand in there and jarred the ball loose to prevent a loss in his one-on-one matchup. As the January enrollee got up off the ground, he emphatically gave an incomplete-pass signal, and his fellow defensive backs greeted him with congratulatory shouts and pats on the helmet.

January enrollee Moseley impressive for Tennessee Vols | Times Free Press

Reactions: 8 people
Something tells me we are going to surprise a lot of people this year. Not saying we go 10-2 or anything. But we won't be a pushover.

Reactions: 16 people
hope our Safetys step up this year too, Randolph is fairly solid but I'm not sold on McNeil

Reactions: 1 person
Something tells me we are going to surprise a lot of people this year. Not saying we go 10-2 or anything. But we won't be a pushover.

D line and QB play worry me and schedule is still tough. I'd be really happy with 7-5, but 6-6 is entirely possible too.

hope our Safetys step up this year too, Randolph is fairly solid but I'm not sold on McNeil

TKJR will be playing on downs when it's clearly obvious our opponent is passing. McNeil does well in the run, but struggles in coverage. McNeil can't play WLB either because he's not big enough, nor could he put on the needed weight by August/possibly ever.

The kid looks promising but the pass was underthrown and allowed him to catch up. I guarantee Bama, GA or the likes dont underthow that pass on gameday...

When he committed to Tennessee last fall, Moseley was an under-the-radar two-star prospect, but he proved himself at a couple of all-star games following his strong senior season and has continued on that projection with the Vols.

When he committed to Tennessee last fall, Moseley was an under-the-radar two-star prospect, but he proved himself at a couple of all-star games following his strong senior season and has continued on that projection with the Vols.

Yep, he's the one everybody was whining about when he committed because he only had two stars. Just glad Butch is the one coaching and the whiners aren't.

Reactions: 4 people
we will be fortunate to win 6 games without some serious stepping up on both side of the ball, esp with our schedule.

qb, oline, dline, and secondary are full of unproven players and hardly any depth.

Not that it matters,but I thought he was 6ft plus?

The kid looks promising but the pass was underthrown and allowed him to catch up. I guarantee Bama, GA or the likes dont underthow that pass on gameday...

Yeah pros like Kaepernick may underthrow that ball in a game but not anyone at Bama or Georgia...UT's QBs are the only ones in the sec actually.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
TKJR will be playing on downs when it's clearly obvious our opponent is passing. McNeil does well in the run, but struggles in coverage. McNeil can't play WLB either because he's not big enough, nor could he put on the needed weight by August/possibly ever.

I've been thinking this for a while too. I completely understand the whole freshmen catching up to the speed of the game thing, but if there's any one of our HS guys that's ready to play now, it's TK2. I expect him to get a lot of time if not pass up McNeil this fall.

VN Store

Back