Butch on Finebaum

Finebaum thinks by season three Jones might have a chance at the SEC East.

Jones says 3/4 of his team don't even know who Lane Kiffin is, it's a non-issue for the coaches.

Reactions: 3 people
The best part of the interview was when Finbaum asks Butch about slowing the game down. Classic. Then says something to the affect of kitten is for the fans and media to deal with. His job is the game.

daaayuumÂ… that last little bit coach was laying it on THICKÂ… poor ole pot stirring PF didn't know how to take all the adulation given his repeated attempts to catch CBJ in a "gotchya moment" Â… PF was reduced to a mere tail-tucking "thanks coach"

I listened as well. It was good to hear coach on Finebaum here in Alabama! Know all the Ala/Aub fans loved it!

Reactions: 1 person
I found it interesting how Butch laid it on really thick for Finebaum during the interview, by making a big deal out of welcoming him back home to Knoxville. Jones praised Finebaum as being an important part of college football himself.

A little reverse psycology at work.

Reactions: 2 people
I listened to part of his show today for the first time ever

lot of bama fans saying they can't wait for UT to be relevant again - they yearn for the days when our rivalry actually meant something. The host said right now there is no rivalry and most fans would rather watch another game on TV instead of ours (including our fans).

One lady said that even Tennessee fans know they don't have a chance and there is no fun in trash-talking before the game since we concede it to be a loss. in most rivalry games, despite a mismatch, you like to think your team has a chance. Too many "realist / defeatist" fans right now, but if Butch can pull in another stellar recruiting class and show us some positive results on the field, I think the fanbase will show some spark as well.

Respect is one thing. Liking is another. :cool: I love the way Butch sells the University. PF said "I didn' hear much about football today, Only a lot about academics and the tradition of UT." I wish Butch would would have responded. "Does Alabama have academics?":)

Last edited:
I listened to part of his show today for the first time ever

lot of bama fans saying they can't wait for UT to be relevant again - they yearn for the days when our rivalry actually meant something. The host said right now there is no rivalry and most fans would rather watch another game on TV instead of ours (including our fans).

One lady said that even Tennessee fans know they don't have a chance and there is no fun in trash-talking before the game since we concede it to be a loss. in most rivalry games, despite a mismatch, you like to think your team has a chance. Too many "realist / defeatist" fans right now, but if Butch can pull in another stellar recruiting class and show us some positive results on the field, I think the fanbase will show some spark as well.

Funny how the hammers are so condescending these days, they seem to have forgotten the period between stallings and saban when virtually everyone including Tennessee was whoopn' dey azz. The rivalry kinda lost it's luster. Any who the bammer's day is coming. :yes:

I live down here in Bama land and discuss football with somewhere around 25-30 Bama fans per week. Most are saying they see Butch bringing Tennessee back and know our current situation is similar to their own a few years ago. PF draws the reddest of red on his radio show and he feeds them like goats at a petting zoo. Yes, it is true Bama fans have a short term memory, but so will we - and soon.

One thing that drives me up a wall though is the number of Bama fans who went from, "2009 was a fluke and UT shouldn't have even had the opportunity to win and we played our worst game" to, "Kiffen is a good 'coordinator' and we are lucky he didn't beat us in 2009. We're excited to have him." :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people
I live down here in Bama land and discuss football with somewhere around 25-30 Bama fans per week. Most are saying they see Butch bringing Tennessee back and know our current situation is similar to their own a few years ago. PF draws the reddest of red on his radio show and he feeds them like goats at a petting zoo. Yes, it is true Bama fans have a short term memory, but so will we - and soon.

One thing that drives me up a wall though is the number of Bama fans who went from, "2009 was a fluke and UT shouldn't have even had the opportunity to win and we played our worst game" to, "Kiffen is a good 'coordinator' and we are lucky he didn't beat us in 2009. We're excited to have him." :rolleyes:

That's the interpretive principle at work within the Bama Beltway:

all things Bama good--cuz Bama always good...Bama never bad...if white man think 'em Bama bad....see first rule, uhhhh, LAW above....all things Bama good...So...Orange Kiffin bad....but Crimson Kiffin very good--cause he now Bama coach....and Bama always good....umgawa!
(to be read in best Gilligan's Island native tongue)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back