Carr an O lineman?

dooleydiesel28

VOLS=ELITE!!!!
@Volquest_Paul: Butch said the clock is ticking for Jason Carr at DT. May be moved to OL.

Maybe that will get him on the field. Dissappointed cause I thought he would be a beast at DT. SIAP

@Volquest_Paul: Butch said the clock is ticking for Jason Carr at DT. May be moved to OL.

Maybe that will get him on the field. Dissappointed cause I thought he would be a beast at DT. SIAP

Disappointing if true. We REALLY need DT's badly.

If he can't crack this D-line right now he sure won't crack it two years from now. This staff's recruiting ability is going to force players to produce within a few years or be recruited over. If Carr isn't in the 2-deep at DT by August then we need to move him to Guard and redshirt him.

Last edited:
I read the recap and if he is moved to o-line it will be to improve competition at tackle. But I agree, I definitely was counting on him to be a staple of our defensive line.

Or transfer to UTc ala Chris Donald

ok_080713_the-hills-sucky-person.gif

Damn girl that was harsh and uncalled for.

Reactions: 1 person
Really?!?!?! They guy is a RS Freshman. He played in 3 games last year. They have to give him time to develop. CBJ don't want to get the label of not allowing player to develop. That can be used against us when recruiting Elite D-lineman

Carr's build is more OT-ish than DT-ish anyway. He's always been a little lean. He had more of a SDE build, but was playing DT out of necessity.

From what I've read its his motor and aggression or lack there of.

If true, it seems we again have a brute of a guy who is a gentle teddy bear at heart. Which isn't a bad thing for a wife but is bad for a football team that needs guys with streaks of cruelty, in a manner of speaking.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we are seeing something on our depth chart that has been missing - competition. Once we start playing he will either step up or step down; however, with that being said, Jones has a great record of producing great O-linemen so time will tell.

Reactions: 1 person
If this happens I believe the unthinkable is true...when Nicky told him he was "making a major mistake"in picking us over his Tide. Twas true?....He fits the 3-4 DE mold better it seems.

If he can't crack this D-line right now he sure won't crack it two years from now. This staff's recruiting ability is going to force players to produce within a few years or be recruited over. If Carr isn't in the 2-deep at DT by August then we need to move him to Guard and redshirt him.

Didn't they recruit Carr?

Many many coaches recruit lots of D Lineman and make O lineman for the ones who don't have the speed or frame to play on the DLine.. And this is a very successful formula.. J Majors did it a lot.

I had high hopes for Carr being a beast on the D line. This is kind of upsetting because we are thin at D line.

This is really not that uncommon. You see a recriut highlight reel and think he is the next John Henderson or pey.....(Ok, let me stop before I say something crazy). But they are playing HS ball. When they get to the SEC and start playing against top competition. Some of the guys you think are top notch just wilt. They think they are the man coming from HS. Then reality hits. Some of them just aren't mentally and or physically equipped to handle that.

Many many coaches recruit lots of D Lineman and make O lineman for the ones who don't have the speed or frame to play on the DLine.. And this is a very successful formula.. J Majors did it a lot.

Yep! He recruited DT's to be OL's, DE's to be DT's, LB's to be DE's, SS's to be LB's, etc.

I thought when we got him we would have a SEC type DT that would start 3 years, very Dissappointed, whats wrong with him, on the other hand if he moves to the OL we could use him there we are very very thin in the DL.:cray:.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back