spring game questions

Volsfaninva917

First what time does it start ive seen 2pm and Ive also seen 3pm? And does anyone know the format for the game this year or will it be the same as last year? Also Ive noticed QBs have been fair game during the scrimmages so far will this be the case during the spring game? Thanks

First what time does it start ive seen 2pm and Ive also seen 3pm? And does anyone know the format for the game this year or will it be the same as last year? Also Ive noticed QBs have been fair game during the scrimmages so far will this be the case during the spring game? Thanks

I'm really hoping for a little different than last year, but we may still not have depth to split teams. My best guess is that they will do the same as last year.

I'm not going this year. If the game has the scoring style of last years game

I'm not going this year. If the game has the scoring style of last years game

It will. Still no reason not to go support the big orange.

Personally, I'm ready to see Ferguson take some live snaps, Hurd rushing in a UT uniform, VP and whether or not he lives up to the hype, and where Maggit spends most of his reps.

That's 4 of about 50 reasons for me to go support my team, and even if I didn't have all that, just showing the team that even after it's 4th consecutive losing season, the fanbase is still willing to show up and support them.

Reactions: 12 people
FYI, the spring game this year will feature an Alumni Game featuring some current NFL Vols and other guys that are now retired. I wouldn't miss it for the world.

go cheer for Alabama

WTF?

The guy wasn't a fan of last year's format...so what? Spring games aren't the most exciting sporting events in the world. Most of the fun is had before the game getting autographs, etc. It's not exactly compelling football being played on the field.

Reactions: 1 person
WTF?

The guy wasn't a fan of last year's format...so what? Spring games aren't the most exciting sporting events in the world. Most of the fun is had before the game getting autographs, etc. It's not exactly compelling football being played on the field.

YOU can go with him :yu: you can hold hands and sit behind your boyfriend Saban :wub:

J/k Boca...those seats are expensive

Reactions: 3 people
Why even worry how it is scored? The game is all about seeing player development and when you have this many EE's it is a no brainer to go support them.

What's the best time to get there to be towards the front of the pack for the autographs and get a good seat?

What's the best time to get there to be towards the front of the pack for the autographs and get a good seat?

Haha well hope you are an early riser. They said last year that the lines start at 7, but people were there at 6:00 when my cousin and I got there last year. We were about 40-50 people back. So you gotta get there super early

I believe that last year it was general admission and you can sit where ever you want, is that still correct???

ie. if you find seats on the 15th row 50 yard line, you can sit there??

I believe that last year it was general admission and you can sit where ever you want, is that still correct???

ie. if you find seats on the 15th row 50 yard line, you can sit there??

I think the game was free last year and you could sit wherever you wanted.

Not sure if there are changes this year, but this is what I learned last year...

1. Get there early if you want Butch Jones Autograph. (I think (4) hours prior to gate opening would be safe.)
2. The pre-game on field experience is awesome. It's a perfect time to take the kids. Bring a camera.
3. You can sit where you want. If you want to leave the field early, you can get a seat close to the fifty.
4. Parking was free last year in the UT parking areas, but they fill up pretty quick.
5. I highly recommend going to the game. It was a great experience and great chance to see the new players. There are lots of recruits there and a good chance to show them what the Orange Nation is about.

Last edited:
Taking the family this year... Thanks for the info...

So... the autograph sessions are in the stadium... right?

Haha well hope you are an early riser. They said last year that the lines start at 7, but people were there at 6:00 when my cousin and I got there last year. We were about 40-50 people back. So you gotta get there super early

Idk that my wife will be too thrilled about that! Thanks for the info.

What's the parking situation for the game?

We are going to game and we usually park near Market Square, but there is the Knoxville Opera Rossini Festival that same weekend and Gay St. will be closed on Saturday and they are expecting a large crowd (website said up to 100,000 people). Parking will be limited on that day in the Market Square area.

VN Store

Back