I'm proud of Marlin Lane

PowerWookie

go aaaarrrrnnngeee!!
NOW playing with a cast and "being a senior leader" per many articles...

he seemed to be on the verge of ending his career as a vol last spring...

His turnaround has been spectacular and much needed for a team short on upper class leadership...

Here's to him having a great year... and then hopefully to the NFL!

Reactions: 33 people
First person that came to mind when I read the title was not Marlin.

it's not my fault your deductive reasoning and logical/critical thinking skills are weak...

wtf would any TN fan be proud of little Miss daddys boy satans cobb slobber Kiffy

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
kiffindealwithit.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Please, please, please stop obsessing about Lane Kiffin. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen! Amen!
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Now, with that out of the way, OUR Lane, has seen what hard work did for Neal. And he has seen that Hurd is NOT, is NOT, is NOT going to be kept off the field. So Lane is in a put up or shut up mode and man, oh man, he's putting up and will put up a lot more during games.

I do believe we have a platoon of reliable RBs in Lane, Hurd, Hill, Scott, Summerhill, Pickett, and special duty Young. These guys are going to light it up. If that OL generates ANY kind of push and the passing game is even remotely decent, this is it. Neyland Stadium is going to be rocking off its foundation. The SEC is going to experience of the return the white lightning and orange thunder. Scourge of the SEC East. There's an orange storm coming. Listen VN, can't you hear? The future is calling us.

Reactions: 2 people
it's not my fault your deductive reasoning and logical/critical thinking skills are weak...

wtf would any TN fan be proud of little Miss daddys boy satans cobb slobber Kiffy

We're talking more about Kiffin than we are Marlin in this thread. Very stupid title. Fail

LOL...after seeing the thread title....I thought it was about Kiffin started by our Bama trolls.

But, Marlin is going to come out swinging, glad he got his grades or whatever took care of. Hopefully Pig follows suit and also comes back.

Goes to show what having a really good coach does. Recruiting and game management is where most people evaluate a head coach. But I think the ability to develop these kids in to men is where good coaches separate from the great ones. Here is a player that was disillusioned and almost no longer with the team. The right coach comes into his life and he is helping to lead the team, cares enough to play through an injury. He is playing with a renewed sense of urgency and passion.

From what I have heard coaches were planning on just starting Hurd and Lane at most getting 10 carries a game just to let Hurd rest up when needed.

But now he has impressed the coaches so much with the work he has put in to get better that they are now looking at completely splitting carries down the middle.

The man runs hard it's hard to believe a freshman could start ahead of him, Hurd would have to be beast( I hope he is)to take Lanes spot .

Please, please, please stop obsessing about Lane Kiffin. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If they hired him back tomorrow these same fools would think he was a god...

They never had a problem with him, even worshipped him, until he decided to leave their beloved UT. How dare he?

Bunch of idiots

The man runs hard it's hard to believe a freshman could start ahead of him, Hurd would have to be beast( I hope he is)to take Lanes spot .

Here's what I think. Lane knows Hurd is the real deal. He wants his PT. He knows this is his last shot at being drafted well by the pros. The effort he puts into the first game is actually going to force the coaches to let the Vols pay the game as a running team. The fish gets most carries but the thundering herd will get plenty as well. It will be one-two punches all the way. What passes are thrown will be mostly to appease our gifted WRs so they don't feel so left out. I was seeing this game as basically a hard fought Vols win. But now I think if the defense holds up at all, we will just be slam bamming the hooved beefsteaks into hamburger patties.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back