QB competition..

Coug

I have no official updates but if someone does they're welcome to share them.

I'd like to say that just from personal opinion and by watching the practice videos of late I think the leaders remain to be Worley and Dobbs.

I think Ferg and Peterman are just going to be watching the two big dogs compete.

Reactions: 2 people
someone stopped by the recruiting forum and said they watched the scrimmage today. he said Worley and Fergy took the majority of 1st team snaps.

Reactions: 10 people

I'd like to say that just from personal opinion and by watching the practice videos of late I think the leaders remain to be Worley and Dobbs.

I think Ferg and Peterman are just going to be watching the two big dogs compete.

About the only time I've heard anyone say one of the QBs outshone the others after any given practice they were talking about Fergy. I think he's very much in the mix. Looks like Peterman had a good day today.

I think it'll be Dobbs or Ferguson in the end.

Reactions: 4 people

Worley and Ferguson taking the majority of first team snaps.

Reactions: 3 people

I'm confident in your wrongativity :blink:

Reactions: 13 people
I feel like people think its Worley/Dobbs because they had the most PT last year. If Peterman, Worley and Fergy didnt get injured, Dobbs might not have ever seen the field last year.

It's Peterman's job to lose according to many. The race is too close to call according to others. We should know by Labor Day.

I think the decision has to be Dobbs or Ferguson. If you had a solid complete senior qb and your looking to be the top SEC team, then you generally go with him that guy. But Worleys not that guy, and I really don't think that should be our aim this year either. It would be nice, and i think we have the potential, but i see this as our final rebuilding year. I don't realistically see us winning the SEC, but hey who knows.. Dobbs or Ferguson are both young guys, if your looking towards the future, you have to choose one of them. They both have more upside potential than Worley in my opinion. I really don't wanna see Worley get the nod, because he might be more solid, but we're not gonna see anything more from him this year than we did last year in my opinion. I think our potential with Dobbs or Ferguson is a lot higher. Peterman might sneak up, hes still got a few years, but I don't think he's the guy either. Dobbs or Ferguson is where I think they're gonna go.

Reactions: 10 people
It's Peterman's job to lose according to many. The race is too close to call according to others. We should know by Labor Day.

Peterman? Labor Day? So we should know that the guy who recorded a 0.7 passer rating last year will be our starter 2 days after the first game? Sounds like a plan.

Reactions: 6 people
I think the decision has to be Dobbs or Ferguson. If you had a solid complete senior qb and your looking to be the top SEC team, then you generally go with him. But Worleys not that guy, he is a senior but he's not that guy. Dobbs or Ferguson are both young guys, if your looking towards the future, you have to choose one of them. They both have more upside potential than Worley in my opinion. I really don't wanna see Worley get the nod, because he might be more solid, but we're not gonna see anything more from him this year than we did last year in my opinion. I think our potential with Dobbs or Ferguson is a lot higher. Peterman might sneak up, hes still got a few years, but I don't think he's the guy either. Dobbs or Ferguson is where I think they're gonna go.

I just don't see how Ferguson could be anywhere near as physically developed as the other players with his leg injury. Wearing that boot for months really sets you back.

Reactions: 4 people
I just don't see how Ferguson could be anywhere near as physically developed as the other players with his leg injury. Wearing that boot for months really sets you back.

He was quoted as saying he was actually 100% for last season's Kentucky game. Seems to be competing well this Spring. Has put on 25lbs since last year. Seems like he's developing well.

Yeah that's true. I honestly have stated in recent posts that I'm hoping for Dobbs. If that's true about Ferguson and he really is behind, I think Dobbs should be the guy. People say he played bad last year, but he played 2 and a half games against top 10 teams, that's hard for any freshman especially when those are your first 3 games. I think if Dobbs would have started from the beginning of the season he would have performed better by those games, but that's a conversation for a completely different thread. I see Dobbs having the most upside, and unless he is just completely flat throughout spring and summer practices, I think he should get the nod.

Didn't Peterman exactly do that with QBR of 0.7 against florida in his game ...don't get me wrong ..i like Peterman but I doubt he is our starter unless he starts magic

Reactions: 1 person
Isn't Dobbs the only one of the four who can actually run a little--and he's not exactly Mr. Elusive, to put it mildly. Worley and Peterman aren't really runners, right. Not sure about Ferguson, but don't think he is either. I'm not really sure, then, why we run the read option. Defenses will get the hint that our QBs don't run.

Peterman surely has some talent but it's hard to forget the florida game that might have been one of UT's worst QB performances ever. Ferguson has zero experience--are we going to go through another year of that? Worley is savvy but limited, and he's a senior. All things considered Dobbs makes the most sense, but of course he's got to prove he's got the goods. It will be a huge decision for Jones.

Yeah that's true. I honestly have stated in recent posts that I'm hoping for Dobbs. If that's true about Ferguson and he really is behind, I think Dobbs should be the guy. People say he played bad last year, but he played 2 and a half games against top 10 teams, that's hard for any freshman especially when those are your first 3 games. I think if Dobbs would have started from the beginning of the season he would have performed better by those games, but that's a conversation for a completely different thread. I see Dobbs having the most upside, and unless he is just completely flat throughout spring and summer practices, I think he should get the nod.
When did vandy and ky become top ten teams

Isn't Dobbs the only one of the four who can actually run a little--and he's not exactly Mr. Elusive, to put it mildly. Worley and Peterman aren't really runners, right. Not sure about Ferguson, but don't think he is either. I'm not really sure, then, why we run the read option. Defenses will get the hint that our QBs don't run.

Peterman surely has some talent but it's hard to forget the florida game that might have been one of UT's worst QB performances ever. Ferguson has zero experience--are we going to go through another year of that? Worley is savvy but limited, and he's a senior. All things considered Dobbs makes the most sense, but of course he's got to prove he's got the goods. It will be a huge decision for Jones.

Fergy and Peterman are actually pretty mobile too

When did vandy and ky become top ten teams

Bama, Auburn, and Missouri were the 2.5 gms vs top 10 teams he was posting about. He didn't say anything about the other 2 games and he certainly didn't say either was in the top 10.

Last edited:
I'm kind of hoping its that guy who transferred from that one team whose starter was a transfer from that NAIA school. Or maybe we get a late addition from JR college who couldn't make it at division 2 because he stole someone's laptop his freshmen year at a big ten school. God I hate reruns.

VN Store

Back