Today's Scrimmage Videos

govols105

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z10cG92IgV8[/youtube]

Excerpt

* Could not stop the run on defense.

* Botched QB exchanges

* Lots of Turnovers

* Great teaching day for playing in the elements.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z10cG92IgV8[/youtube]

Excerpt

* Could not stop the run on defense.

* Botched QB exchanges

* Lots of Turnovers

* Great teaching day for playing in the elements.

I hope opposing coaches complain about the same thing this fall.

Reactions: 4 people
Sounds like D young took a check down from Riley to the endzone. That's good to hear for the both of them. Smart play by Ferg and Big play by Young!

Edit: Guess he also threw a pic in the same situation lol. hopefully the pic came before the TD :)

Last edited:
Worley's reports that Josh Malone had a TD also and that both Jalen and Lane had a good day running.

Also said that there were some turnovers, especially in the QB/center exchange, toward the end of the day

Also, where the heck is everyone?

Lane and Hurd pounding the rock. Hurd looks like our first back in a long time that can break it and take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

Sounds like D young took a check down from Riley to the endzone. That's good to hear for the both of them. Smart play by Ferg and Big play by Young!

Edit: Guess he also threw a pic in the same situation lol. hopefully the pic came before the TD :)

DY had a helluva game to end the year vs UK. I think he's suited for wr moreso than rb.

Reactions: 2 people
DY had a helluva game to end the year vs UK. I think he's suited for wr moreso than rb.

Personally, I don't think he fits into either position that well. But he is one of those guys that, if you can find a way to get the ball in his hands he can make a play type guys.

Look for it. Butch even hinted at it in his interview

I agree...but DY is so quick that little checkdown passes to the RB will be where DY explodes at RB. He's, if not the fastest on the team, right up there with the fastest. Speed kills

Reactions: 1 person
Personally, I don't think he fits into either position that well. But he is one of those guys that, if you can find a way to get the ball in his hands he can make a play type guys.

Look for it. Butch even hinted at it in his interview

Or a guy who get tackled by the grass

If DY was as fast as folks on here claim he is, he would have ran a kickoff or punt return back for a TD already.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

Attachments

• 47834643.jpg
    47834643.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: 2 people
I agree...but DY is so quick that little checkdown passes to the RB will be where DY explodes at RB. He's, if not the fastest on the team, right up there with the fastest. Speed kills
I fully get what you're trying to convey, but many here obviously don't understand the difference between quick twitch, elusiveness, and fast. DY definitely has quick twitch and elusiveness, but he is not straight line fast. There is a difference, a BIG difference.

Reactions: 6 people
I fully get what you're trying to convey, but many here obviously don't understand the difference between quick twitch, elusiveness, and fast. DY definitely has quick twitch and elusiveness, but he is not straight line fast. There is a difference, a BIG difference.

There is no need to waste your breath explaining to some on here. To some speed is speed and everything else is just an excuse. They think twitch is a nerve condition similar to a tic. Madden is much easier without all the nuances. Crank your RB up to 100 and here you are talking about twitch. Dude on Madden the players don't get tired or have to overcome the mental part of the game. That's what the reset button is for.

If DY was as fast as folks on here claim he is, he would have ran a kickoff or punt return back for a TD already.

And you can say that with certainty?

Our special teams have sucked over the years. Maybe the problem isn't his speed but the blocking.

Young has returned 44 punts and 52 kicks. Someone like Sproles for instance has returned 195 punts and 328 kicks. He's returned 3 punts for td's and 2 kicks for td's. That's 427 less returns for DY. I'd say Sproles is extremely fast but those numbers don't blow DY away or anything. That's one td return per 104.6 returns. DY has only had 96 returns in his career. I think your comment about DY not being as fast as people may think simply because he hasn't taken one to the house yet is really vague. You're not accounting for blocking and the fact it takes even the fastest of players like Sproles 105 returns on average to take one back. So, I don't think you can just go around saying DY isn't as fast as some believe just because he hasn't returned a punt/kick(in only 96 tries). Sproles had 31 returns in college and 0 touchdowns. He only had 35 yards on 10 punt returns. He seems to be doing well in the NFL though with his speed and better blocking. Maybe blocking is the issue for DY's lack of returns to the house. Or, maybe you're right and DY isn't as fast as some think. I don't think speed is the be all and end all for returning punts though and the issue may very well be blocking and not his speed.

Reactions: 3 people
Any good videos from the scrimmage?

They usually don't allow the media to film during these early scrimmages. Gotta wait for O&W game to really see some action I guess. The only video with a little bit of scrimmage action is the second one in this thread

And you can say that with certainty?

Our special teams have sucked over the years. Maybe the problem isn't his speed but the blocking.

Young has returned 44 punts and 52 kicks. Someone like Sproles for instance has returned 195 punts and 328 kicks. He's returned 3 punts for td's and 2 kicks for td's. That's 427 less returns for DY. I'd say Sproles is extremely fast but those numbers don't blow DY away or anything. That's one td return per 104.6 returns. DY has only had 96 returns in his career. I think your comment about DY not being as fast as people may think simply because he hasn't taken one to the house yet is really vague. You're not accounting for blocking and the fact it takes even the fastest of players like Sproles 105 returns on average to take one back. So, I don't think you can just go around saying DY isn't as fast as some believe just because he hasn't returned a punt/kick(in only 96 tries). Sproles had 31 returns in college and 0 touchdowns. He only had 35 yards on 10 punt returns. He seems to be doing well in the NFL though with his speed and better blocking. Maybe blocking is the issue for DY's lack of returns to the house. Or, maybe you're right and DY isn't as fast as some think. I don't think speed is the be all and end all for returning punts though and the issue may very well be blocking and not his speed.

Sproles isnt that fast either, he's quick.

VN Store

Back