JRM development

dcm3w

Daddy
Does anyone know how his development is going? I am assuming he might be starting or in a good rotation spot. I think the kid is going to be a solid defender with the glimpses of him last year. He stuck some people on KR and not to mention blocked that punt.

kid is great in space for LB. has a knack for the ball. has gained weight wants to be 220 by the season. about 215 right now. i know thigpen is high on him. kid makes plays and should help us not get sliced to death on underneath throws like we have seen for several years now.

Reactions: 1 person
Seemed to always be in the right place every time he was on the field. I am anxious to see what he does with more time played.

There's a difference between "coached up" and a naturally smart football player...guess which one JRM is?

kid is great in space for LB. has a knack for the ball. has gained weight wants to be 220 by the season. about 215 right now. i know thigpen is high on him. kid makes plays and should help us not get sliced to death on underneath throws like we have seen for several years now.

If he can get up to 220 without loosing speed that would be great. I would like to have at least one undersized LB on the field for coverage purposes. The versatility of Maggitt and JRM is going to be huge for us.

Reactions: 2 people
I got a feeling Curt is going to spend a lot of time with his hand in the dirt and one of the new guys at LB with AJ and JRM. Curt is giving me L.Little flashbacks. I hope he can come off the edge like that and Vereen coming off the other side could be nasty.

If Maggit is an end then just more questions at LB with no answers. Weathered is supossedly a rush end as well. Forget depth. Who are the starting 3?

If Maggit is an end then just more questions at LB with no answers. Weathered is supossedly a rush end as well. Forget depth. Who are the starting 3?

This isn't that big of an issue really. We'll be in the nickel formation probably 60% of the time at least. So that leaves AJ and JRM as the only backers needed. Bates, Bryant, etc as depth.

When we line up in a 4-3 I wouldn't be surprised to see them walk Maggit back off the line and go for a bulkier front 4.

They're gonna move him around a lot.

Reactions: 4 people
It remains to be seen how all the new guys fit in but it sure is nice to have names to play with for a change. We have been so thin that it was walk on time at the first injury.

I think Maggitt or Weatherd will ultimately play DE on most snaps and the other will be a LB in 4-3 lineups. I'm not sure which one will be a DE and which one a LB, but my guess is that one will grt moved permanently or they'll alternate. It is even possible that both guys, if they're our best two rushers, could both be DEs, particularly in passing situations, if another legit option at LB emerges. I think a key will be how quickly Bates or another freshman picks up the defense or possibly the development of King, etc. If a legit other option emerges at LB, the coaches may have the luxury of figuring out the best positions for Maggitt and Weatherd.

He may get passed over as starter by other new LB studs (Jakob Johnson, Bryant, Weatherd, Bates, etc), but at the very least I expect him to be in 2 deep rotation with lots of snaps. He currently is as good or better than two of last year's starters and will get much better by August.

If possible, CBJ would like to Redshirt at least one of those LBs so he can build future depth.

We will be much improved on LBs and Secondary next season. I also think DL will be as good as last year to start out (post Saulsberry & Couch) with noticeable improvement after a few games.

VN Store

Back