Stephen Griffin Commits

3*.... do not want

"Diamond in the rough"

"If Butch wants him I want him"

I wonder if we take commits from 3* stars this early, with only limited spots this year( 18 to 20), how will we have a Top 5 recruiting class at the end?

Will be interesting to see how it pans out come February 2015

"Diamond in the rough"

I wonder if we take commits from 3* stars this early, with only limited spots this year( 18 to 20), how will we have a Top 5 recruiting class at the end?

There's no possible way our staff takes a "meh" out of state player this early unless they've seen something they can't let slip away.

Reactions: 6 people
"Diamond in the rough"

He's a 4 star on 247.... But anyways I don't see a problem with the thought process of "If Butch wants him I want him" (obligatory no homo). If the coaches think he's good enough to play at UT why wouldn't you?

Reactions: 3 people
There's no possible way our staff takes a "meh" out of state player this early unless they've seen something they can't let slip away.
if he's got wheels .. and he must .. 6' 3" is one of those things you can't coach a kid to get better at ... and he could still grow ..

He's a 4 star on 247.... But anyways I don't see a problem with the thought process of "If Butch wants him I want him" (obligatory no homo). If the coaches think he's good enough to play at UT why wouldn't you?

Just thinking out load

Just, that we have been down this same road before believing every guy we get(because the staff wanted them) was going to be the next 3 star that gets drafted in the 1st round.

And I am not a stargazer

if he's got wheels .. and he must .. 6' 3" is one of those things you can't coach a kid to get better at ... and he could still grow ..

I really want a couple tall fast corners in this next class . Instincts are great, but having one tall enough to physically block out the receiver altogether is just beautiful.

Just thinking out load

Just, that we have been down this same road before believing every guy we get(because the staff wanted them) was going to be the next 3 star that gets drafted in the 1st round.

And I am not a stargazer

You have every reason to be skeptical. There's been more than a fair share of straight duds. Offering a 3 star in March just makes me a lot more optimistic about their ability than offering one in Dec. or Jan.

Plus don't the raiting services usually move a lot of these guys up from where they are at this point? For all we know this guy could end up highly ranked.

If our coaches wanted his commitment this early, knowing how strong they can recruit from last years experience, they must think he is a beast.

Reactions: 1 person

What everyone said when Dooley took 3* players too, but I guess it's the only way we can look at things at this point. Plus it's still early, his rankings could jump

VN Store

Back