We are so going to destroy Vandy

orangeblood

They actually believe they are going to win the East. It is going to do my heart good when we kill them in Nashville in the last game of the year and knock them back to where they belong.

Reactions: 11 people
i saw that

theyve had a ton of changes, departures, and brand new staff. i just dont see them doing anything but taking a big step back.

They actually believe they are going to win the East. It is going to do my heart good when we kill them in Nashville in the last game of the year and knock them back to where they belong.

They will be back where they belong before we even play them

Nashville will be able to power the city off of the tears shed by Vandy fans

Reactions: 12 people
Lets see:

1. New coach- no HC experience
2. New starting QB
3. Switching to the 3-4
4. No Jordan Matthews

The only thing Vandy can hope for is that the guys who redshirted last year will perform beyond the ratings given to them by the scouting services.

Reactions: 1 person
The enthusiasm I have for beating vandy is about as much as Mike Myers has in Wayne's World when he's talking about visiting Deleware.

(Just in case)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/v/DDGDgc1qNCA[/youtube]

Reactions: 3 people
i just remember what happened to us and other SEC teams when they transitioned to a new 3-4 scheme when they didnt have the right personnel for it. its going to have a huge, huge effect that those Fans probably dont realize right now. But neither did we at the time.

Reactions: 6 people
Lets see:

1. New coach- no HC experience
2. New starting QB
3. Switching to the 3-4
4. No Jordan Matthews

The only thing Vandy can hope for is that the guys who redshirted last year will perform beyond the ratings given to them by the scouting services.

and a brand new Secondary. zero returners there.

Franklin had lightning in a bottle. The delusion necessary for the five idiots in that fan base to believe that they can win the East is amazing.

The talent gap between UT and Vandy is large and most of us don't expect UT to win the East this year.

I thought once CJF left for Penn State, this board would end its obsession with the team from the nerd school in Nashville.

its a message board, during the off season, and people can talk about whatever they want. if you dont want to read it then why did you click on the thread? People arent obsessed just bc they like discussing their rivals and fellow SEC East foes.

Reactions: 5 people
It's an in state rivalry. The obsession with wanting to beat the living crap out of them will never go away :bash:

There was no obsession before they won a couple of games.

Yes, back the 1920's Vandy was a big deal, but that was nearly 100 years ago.

I thought once CJF left for Penn State, this board would end its obsession with the team from the nerd school in Nashville.

You must be new to this thing because it goes way back before Franklin. In fact...General Neyland was hired in part to put Vandy where they belong...and he succeeded. This was once a much heated rivalry until it became a chalked up win for the Vols. Us old guys know what it means...even though I'm not old enough to have seen the history...I know it. Besides that...Vandyfan is a "corksoaker" and a "fargin icehole" in every sense of the word and deserves whatever we Vols dish out.

Reactions: 2 people

WOW... sad to read this, trying to forget were we have been.

I don't know about destroying them, I would settle for any kind of win. It's been over 800 days since we last beat Vandy in 2011. That my friends is a stank that can only be washed off with a W in November.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back