West coast offense

white65

With an inexperienced Oline and alot of big talented receivers I think we really spread the field and the ball around. I think we'll see more WR screens this year than we've ever seen.

We've used enough WR screens. They haven't worked out to well for us.

We finally have enough talent at WR and TE to throw the ball around alot.

Spread them out and run, run, run the other teams DB's to death.

That'll aso open up our running game for biger gains but getting the other teams D really tired would be a huge advantage since we have more skill at WR and TE now.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

I know 2 QB systems don't work out too well sometimes, but I think we could use it to our advantage. Say, hypothetically, Worley was the starter. He's not exactly the greatest threat in the world to run... So Dobbs could come in a play or two every few series to try and throw the defense off balance.

We've used enough WR screens. They haven't worked out to well for us.

Agreed. I've seen enough of them to make me want to puke up a rusty coat hanger. They are rarely effective for us because everyone is expecting it from us. No one is surprised when Georgia Tech runs the option and no one is caught off guard by Tennessee and screens.

Unless one of these QBs proves something in a big way I think we'll be a run-first team again.

I think you'll be amazed at how much better the QB's are when the WR's get open, catch the ball, make correct reads, run the correct routes correctly, etc. Worley was often hesitant or threw the ball away because he didn't trust them. He threw some bad balls of his own... but few by comparison. Dobbs turned the ball over too much in part because the WR's weren't where they were supposed to be.

The WR's sound as if they are improving. The QB's are improving.

Jones has a run first philosophy that likely won't change. However they'll have a more balanced threat as long as the OL plays well.

Reactions: 2 people
I think you'll be amazed at how much better the QB's are when the WR's get open, catch the ball, make correct reads, run the correct routes correctly, etc. Worley was often hesitant or threw the ball away because he didn't trust them. He threw some bad balls of his own... but few by comparison. Dobbs turned the ball over too much in part because the WR's weren't where they were supposed to be.

The WR's sound as if they are improving. The QB's are improving.

Jones has a run first philosophy that likely won't change. However they'll have a more balanced threat as long as the OL plays well.

Who are YOU?...and what did you do with the real sjt's body? :sad:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 4 people
Who are YOU?...and what did you do with the real sjt's body? :sad:

Who are you... and what did you do with the real Butchna's body?

This is nothing inconsistent with what I have been saying for awhile. It is just easier for some of you to "hate" if you only read the critical stuff so you can call me "negative" without having to actually think about it.

I have said what I thought was true... candidly. If I think coaching is/was subpar... I'll say so. If I think coaching or anything else is great then I'll say that too.

I have said that I was "bullish" on UT's O many times over the past several weeks. I believe they are going to be greatly improved. I like a meaner OL even if they aren't quite as talented... so I like these guys over the last guys. The WR position is pretty exciting. The TE position should be good 3 or 4 deep at least. The RB position looks solid and perhaps even elite.

And I have believed for a LONG TIME that all 4 QB's have SEC talent. I just fear that Peterman won't be able to recover mentally/emotionally from UF.

FWIW, you probably don't want me to start on the DC even though reports out of spring sound better at this point. I still have to be convinced he's an SEC caliber coordinator.

FWIW, you probably don't want me to start on the DC even though reports out of spring sound better at this point. I still have to be convinced he's an SEC caliber coordinator.

Pace yourself :sleep:

Reactions: 2 people

No probably to it ..... PLEASE don't start on the DC.... we all know EXACTLY what you think about him. We got it. 😗😁

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back