'13 Juco RB Chris Beck

tgardnervol4life

I know everyone is excited about Hurd but i also saw another RB in our backfield that looks pretty darn good. He is getting used to playing D1 football but i am excited to see what he can do. If he as good as his film we could have another good RB's this year with Lane, Hurd, Hill, Summerville, Scott and Paulk!

His bio is not bad: Hometown: Austell, Ga. High School: South Cobb
Played for two seasons at Dean College in Franklin, Mass., for Todd Vasey
Chris Beck Highlights - Hudl

Two-year starter at South Cobb High School in Georgia for coach Ed Koester
Captained his team in his senior season
Rushed for 1,622 yards on 216 carries his senior season notching 14 rushing TDs and 17 overall touchdowns
Also made 14 catches for 95 yards and three touchdowns
Helped South Cobb to the second round of the playoffs
Also a member of the track team posting career-best times of 10.93 (100m), 22.3 (200m) and 51.6 (400m)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBehCipfmPk

What do you guys think? Has anyone seen him run in practice?

He has good size and speed however I didn't see anything in his film that would set him apart from the rest. Justus Pickett the Maryland transfer is also eligible this year. There is going to be some healthy competition at the RB when fall rolls around.

Colton Jumper (a LB and also a legacy) is another walk-on to keep an eye on.

He has good size and speed however I didn't see anything in his film that would set him apart from the rest. Justus Pickett the Maryland transfer is also eligible this year. There is going to be some healthy competition at the RB when fall rolls around.

Colton Jumper (a LB and also a legacy) is another walk-on to keep an eye on.

Isaiah McDaniel is another walk-on to be excited about as well.

Reactions: 1 person
I heard Billy Bob Cooter was walking on. Could be someone to watch. he's also a legacy

I know everyone is excited about Hurd but i also saw another RB in our backfield that looks pretty darn good. He is getting used to playing D1 football but i am excited to see what he can do. If he as good as his film we could have another good RB's this year with Lane, Hurd, Hill, Summerville, Scott and Paulk!

Rushed for 1,622 yards on 216 carries his senior season notching 14 rushing TDs and 17 overall touchdowns
Also a member of the track team posting career-best times of 10.93 (100m), 22.3 (200m) and 51.6 (400m)
https://www.youtube.com/v/OBehCipfmPk

Beck will never see the field in a regular season game for UT unless it's special teams.

Beck will never see the field in a regular season game for UT unless it's special teams.

I sincerely hope none of these young men read posts like this. Playing for UT is a dream for many of these guys and to squash it is a pitiful gesture. Comments like this probably stems from unfulfilled opportunities on the part of the poster.

Everyone has a chance. And all some of these guys need is a chance. If Beck one of these - no one knows and by that I mean no one.

Reactions: 38 people
I sincerely hope none of these young men read posts like this. Playing for UT is a dream for many of these guys and to squash it is a pitiful gesture. Comments like this probably stems from unfulfilled opportunities on the part of the poster.

Everyone has a chance. And all some of these guys need is a chance. If Beck one of these - no one knows and by that I mean no one.

Exactly, its an honor to have people who want to walk-on. I actually might walk on when I go to UT. I mean, I'm almost in the best shape of my life. The only problem is paying for it.

Exactly, its an honor to have people who want to walk-on. I actually might walk on when I go to UT. I mean, I'm almost in the best shape of my life. The only problem is paying for it.

Better get them grades up, son. Get an academic scholly.

I'm actually not 100% sure players on academic scholarships are eligible to walk on. Wasn't there some rule about that or about using scholarship athletes from other sports?

Says who? You? I bet he's losing sleep at night over your opinion.

Dude chill out. The guy gave his opinion just like you did. Odds are most of these walk-ons wont see the field as long as we keep recruiting and developing.

If they were so good they wouldn't have to be walk-ons, those are just simple things to observe.

I watch Beck's and McDaniel's videos and neither guy looks to be close to running a 4.5, more like 4.7 range. That's useless speed, just ask some of our former DBs.

Reactions: 2 people
The more I read about the RBs, the more I think we could get away with a so so passing game and batter USU into submission with the RB corps we have. Play a tandem until they're winded, Send another tandem in and just keep rotating them. I honestly believe that Lane, Hurd and Hill are bowling balls. They'd wear out a DL if the OL can generate even half decent push. Beck just adds to the abuse we could heap on those guys.

Reactions: 3 people
Just dont see us taking a JUCO at RB with only 18 to 22 spots this year.

9148130.jpg

I was simply giving my opinion on a football message board. It's not like I was telling an 8 year he will never amount to anything. I'm guessing a walk on that averaged 4 ypc at Dean Community College in Mass. is fairly realistic about his capabilities at this level. I squashed his dream with my opinion. LMAO

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

I think Hurd will be great. Does that mean I now have fulfilled opportunities? Don't be so serious Mr. Freud

Last edited:

https://www.youtube.com/v/OBehCipfmPk

Maybe some of you missed this question by the OP.

Dude chill out. The guy gave his opinion just like you did. Odds are most of these walk-ons wont see the field as long as we keep recruiting and developing.

If they were so good they wouldn't have to be walk-ons, those are just simple things to observe.

I watch Beck's and McDaniel's videos and neither guy looks to be close to running a 4.5, more like 4.7 range. That's useless speed, just ask some of our former DBs.

No I won't freaking chill out!!!!!!?!??!?

Probably no more then Dobbs is losing sleep over your opinion that "he sucks" that you posted a couple days ago.

So none???

The only difference is we've seen what's Dobbs can do, we haven't seen beck.

At least I have video proof on my claim.

So none???

The only difference is we've seen what's Dobbs can do, we haven't seen beck.

At least I have video proof on my claim.

Exactly! Neither is losing sleep but you missed the point completely. Btw, never said Beck sucked but with Lane, Hurd, Scott, Paulk, Hill, Pickett and whoever we sign for 2015 I just don't see playing time for him.

VN Store

Back