What happened to Tennessee Jed?

Why isn't this Grateful Dead song played at UT games anymore?

Dooley wanted it replaced with "Boys of Fall" and this season they used a variety of songs for the video that runs between the 3/4 quarters.

Because it's been replaced by the timeless classic "Thrift Shop." How hard is that to understand?

Goodness I hate that rap crap, or whatever it is. I miss the days when music had meaning.

Reactions: 6 people
Great song.. I was at first bonaroo .. Phil and weir played it Sunday at noon on a perfectly sunny day. Beach balls and babes bouncing everywhere rapping up a strong weekend of partying. One of my favorite concert moments of all time

Reactions: 2 people
Tennessee, Tennessee,
Aint no place I'd rather be,
Baby won't you carry meee,
Back to Tennessee!

Reactions: 3 people
Because it's been replaced by the timeless classic "Thrift Shop." How hard is that to understand?

Goodness I hate that rap crap, or whatever it is. I miss the days when music had meaning.

images

Reactions: 3 people

To the idea of bringing back music that has meaning, I say: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Tennessee Jed was cool, but for a more modern and relevant tune, I would love to hear this in pregame or before 4th Quarters.

YouTube link

Sorry, I do not know how to embed on this site.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee Jed was cool, but for a more modern and relevant tune, I would love to hear this in pregame or before 4th Quarters.

YouTube link

Sorry, I do not know how to embed on this site.

[youtube ] video address [/youtube ]<--without spaces in the []

if https is present remove the s
ex: https://youtube.com/gatorssuck would be http://youtube.com/gatorssuck for a proper embed.

I’d like to see our band play the following tunes because the whole idea is different:

–Original Peter Gunn Theme
--The Ballad of Thunder Road
--Chattanooga Choo Choo (has a racist line but it’s the tune your feet listen to)
–William Tell Overture (Go ahead and laugh)
--Moose the Moochie (Hate the lyrics but like the beat)
–Do I Move You?
–Good Vibrations
–Johnny B. Goode
--Born To Fly
–Every Which Way But Loose
--Hillbilly Rock
--Tennessee Flat Top Box

Other offbeat ideas:

1. Some of the dramatic scores from the old Mighty Mouse cartoons.
2. Some really great scores from movies
3. Rip off some of the really great USA and foreign military band music, especially the drum stuff.

If you can't sing then dance around and rip off other peoples songs and call it Fresh.. Suckers

I can't get enough of beatches, ho's, and money ya know. I be doin my time for rappin mad rhymes. You see me pimpin on da street, why I be knockin fools off day feet. Better recognize CountVolcula or you might taste the end of my spatula

I can't get enough of beatches, ho's, and money ya know. I be doin my time for rappin mad rhymes. You see me pimpin on da street, why I be knockin fools off day feet. Better recognize CountVolcula or you might taste the end of my spatula

I am the tastiest kind of meat, that hoes like to eat. I'm one big juicy Burger.
Experiencing the purest kinds of heats with every yummy bite indeed. I'm one immaculately tasting Burger.

:).

Spatula and Volcula do not rhyme, but you get an A for effort.

VN Store

Back