Lane out with wrist injury

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
For those who missed it in the practice thread.

Senior running back Marlin Lane watched Friday’s scrimmage from the sidelines after suffering an injury to his wrist earlier in the week.

Tennessee coach Butch Jones said Lane planned to stay and rehab the injury during UT’s spring break. Jones said he hopes that Lane would be able to return before the end of spring ball, which concludes with the Orange & White Game on April 12.

Jones said the upcoming layoff should help Lane heal. Trainers will know more about his chances of returning this spring after the break.

RB Marlin Lane out with wrist injury, but hopes to return by next month » GoVolsXtra

Reactions: 1 person
I hope he gives us a good year but I feel like its a matter of time til Hurd or maybe even Scott take his carries with good performances. He better bring it this year

I hope he gives us a good year but I feel like its a matter of time til Hurd or maybe even Scott take his carries with good performances. He better bring it this year

I agree. I really like Lane and how he finishes his runs. But he's never been durable and Hurd, who's a more gifted athlete/runner appears to be finding his sea legs. He better be ready to compete hard between now and August 31 if he expects to have a solid senior season. Otherwise, he'll get passed up to the point that he sees limited touches like last year. Hope he seizes the moment.

I never knew lanes had wrists and thought they're out only during traffic jams, mudslides, and earthquakes. But you learn something new everyday.

Last edited:
Not good for Marlin. That old injury bug bit again. Sure hope he can get through the actual season without any more injuries. We are definitely gonna need him at full strength to have a good year. I know we have some young studs but they may need some time to adapt.:clapping:
GO VOLS!

Not good for Marlin. That old injury bug bit again. Sure hope he can get through the actual season without any more injuries. We are definitely gonna need him at full strength to have a good year. I know we have some young studs but they may need some time to adapt.:clapping:
GO VOLS!

Agree. We need him healthy as the workhorse. No doubt Hurd will be in the mix from day one, but as we all know, it'll take multiple RBs to be successful. It looks like the coaches are setting up a rotation of Lane, Hurd and Young (as a specialty/3rd down back). I'm curious to see if this works out. Also wondering if Hill and Pickett will figure in as well. Excited to see how quickly Derrell Scott acclimates too.

I was surprised when I opened this thread . I was thinking Lane Kiffin injured his wrist from jerking off Saban .

Reactions: 4 people
Personally I thought he should ha e started last year. I thought he ran harder and more North and South than Neal. Not say Neal wasn't solid but I just like Lane a lil more.

Reactions: 1 person
Personally I thought he should ha e started last year. I thought he ran harder and more North and South than Neal. Not say Neal wasn't solid but I just like Lane a lil more.

Agree. Never understood why he didn't get more touches. Did hear some of the TSR hosts mention that Lane didn't play more last year because of conditioning issues.

VN Store

Back