Jason Carr/Circle of Life

volinbama256

What do you think Butch meant when he said Carr would start in the middle of the circle of life drill everyday until further notice? Is he seeing Carr not living up to his potential and is pushing him, or is he just a beast and wants to see who can step up?

Reactions: 1 person
What do you think Butch meant when he said Carr would start in the middle of the circle of life drill everyday until further notice? Is he seeing Carr not living up to his potential and is pushing him, or is he just a beast and wants to see who can step up?

I took it as the former. My guess is he wants to toughen him up a bit.

If Carr and some other d linemen dont step up this year we're looked at another 5-7 season

I think he knows his talent level and knows that at this point he is not where he could be - this is one way he is trying to get him to that point

we really need him to reach his talent level so hopefully CBJ is pushing the right buttons

Maybe making him the "Big Dan" of this years defensive line? According to last year the defense rested on Dan...

Heard Ainge talk about Carr today. Said he's starting to turn some heads, starting to get noticed/mentioned as of the last 2 practices. Good news. Perhaps Butch is forcing his hand by raising his expectations of Carr. Whatever Butch is doing I hope it works.

I almost posted a similar thread this morning. I think he needs to be nastier. I remember the staff trying to motivate him last year hoping to get him more looks after Sailsberry went down, but I don't believe he responded as well as they hoped.

Quote from Steve Stripling this week: "We've challenged Jason Carr from Day 1. He's the biggest, prettiest guy walking off the bus, right? We challenge him daily to develop his toughness, develop his leverage, develop all those things."

If Carr and some other d linemen dont step up this year we're looked at another 5-7 season

I think that we will be 5 - 7 anyway. Then in 2015, we will bust out a huge season with 9 or 10 wins.

Too many freshmen playing at critical positions for us to win alot of games.

This whole freshman excuse doesn't work anymore. The last two freshman where Heisman winners. I know they were red shirts but still 1st year players. Look at all the freshman that were studs over the last few years. That still to young crap don't get it anymore.

This whole freshman excuse doesn't work anymore. The last two freshman where Heisman winners. I know they were red shirts but still 1st year players. Look at all the freshman that were studs over the last few years. That still to young crap don't get it anymore.

It doesn't matter how tired if it u are- facts are facts. About half our team hasn't played on this level yet.

Reactions: 8 people
Its so funny how all you kool aid guys talk the "GIVE IT TIME THING." You were saying that when Dooley dummy was here and his second year was calling for his head. Doesn't matter how young players are either they have it or they don't. We had all seniors on our d-line last season and they sucked.

Reactions: 2 people
Its so funny how all you kool aid guys talk the "GIVE IT TIME THING." You were saying that when Dooley dummy was here and his second year was calling for his head. Doesn't matter how young players are either they have it or they don't. We had all seniors on our d-line last season and they sucked.

Amen brudha. Age is only a number.

maybe we should have done this with Mccullars last year. it just seemed he couldnt find the spark to get to that level of intensity needed. Just leaned on people.

VN Store

Back