First impressions of UT's 14 newcomers

Definitely excited for these guys to change the direction of Tennessee's program

I feel there are several more difference makers in just this group of 14 than of last years class which had great instant impact players in Sutton, North, Wiesman, Vereen & JRM.

Reactions: 1 person
Josh Malone - Justo Hunter 2.0

Von Pearson - Compact version of Cordarrelle Patterson

Dontavius Blair - Looks thepart butnot ready. But if Butch is
as good at developing as claimed, look for Blair to show noticeable progress toward the end of this year.

Neiko Creamer - I predict he's goign to see action as a situational WR, probably an over the middle target.

Emmanuel Moseley - Got a hunch his speed factor is oging to mean interceptions. Kind of guy you to avoid when passing but it's hard to do so. I know who I'm thinking about, Lem Barney!
Moseley is Barney 2.0.

D’Andre Payne - Not sure what to think of this seriously under-sized guy. But got a sneaking suspicion he will Herb Adderley 2.0.

Reactions: 2 people
This is going to be an exciting bunch to watch grow....The next class will really tell the tale of what we can start to expect from now on...CBJ is building from the ground up so it will take a little time...In 2-3 years We'll be back and ready to compete for some SEC titles I have no doubt.

Reactions: 3 people
Josh Malone - Justo Hunter 2.0

Von Pearson - Compact version of Cordarrelle Patterson

Dontavius Blair - Looks thepart butnot ready. But if Butch is
as good at developing as claimed, look for Blair to show noticeable progress toward the end of this year.

Neiko Creamer - I predict he's goign to see action as a situational WR, probably an over the middle target.

Emmanuel Moseley - Got a hunch his speed factor is oging to mean interceptions. Kind of guy you to avoid when passing but it's hard to do so. I know who I'm thinking about, Lem Barney!
Moseley is Barney 2.0.

D’Andre Payne - Not sure what to think of this seriously under-sized guy. But got a sneaking suspicion he will Herb Adderley 2.0.

Creamer has already had a position change to OLB. Payne is 5'9 185 with great speed and quickness. Wouldn't say he's seriously undersized at all.

Otherwise, nice observations IMHO.

Last edited:
Creamer has already had a position change to OLB. Payne is 5'9 185 with great speed and quickness. Wouldn't say he's seriously undersized at all.

Otherwise, nice observations IMHO.

Well, I think AJ had a solid position too. But he was used as a situational RB in something called a beast Package. Mostly goal line scoring situations and a few short yardage events. So it's nothing unusual or surprising that creamer could be used as a situational WR. Knowhutimen?

I'm sure Payne will be fine a lot of the time. He may be a Darrel Green type player. But don't be shocked if he gets out jumped by some Dorial Green-Beckham dude. Darrel Green had his bad days too due to size disadvantage. but most of the time, he did freaking good.

Well, I think AJ had a solid position too. But he was used as a situational RB in something called a beast Package. Mostly goal line scoring situations and a few short yardage events. So it's nothing unusual or surprising that creamer could be used as a situational WR. Knowhutimen?

I'm sure Payne will be fine a lot of the time. He may be a Darrel Green type player. But don't be shocked if he gets out jumped by some Dorial Green-Beckham dude. Darrel Green had his bad days too due to size disadvantage. but most of the time, he did freaking good.

Given that he's a true freshman trying to learn a new position and given that we appear to be well stocked at big receivers who can be productive on situational downs (North, Malone, Pearson, Croom, Helm, Wolff), I just can't see the need to have him do that. Could be wrong. We used AJ in the beast package because we didn't have anyone else at RB his size that could do that. Jmo.

As for the Payne discussion, Dorial Green-Beckham is 6'6".... he's gonna out jump any corner on our team, in the SEC, in the country. Payne's athletic ability and attitude projects him to be a stud CB at UT over the long haul regardless who he's covering IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
Given that he's a true freshman trying to learn a new position and given that we appear to be well stocked at big receivers who can be productive on situational downs (North, Malone, Pearson, Croom, Helm, Wolff), I just can't see the need to have him do that. Could be wrong. We used AJ in the beast package because we didn't have anyone else at RB his size that could do that. Jmo.

As for the Payne discussion, Dorial Green-Beckham is 6'6".... he's gonna out jump any corner on our team, in the SEC, in the country. Payne's athletic ability and attitude projects him to be a stud CB at UT over the long haul regardless who he's covering IMO.

AJ was a freshman when he went into the beast package the first time. And who's to say Butch won't experiment with to see if using a Creamer on a cake or pie works or not?

The point on Payne was--I think he'll be fine, you catch that? But he like Darrel Green will have some days where his size will make it a bad day for him. But all in all, I think he'll be fine. You get that? Just checking cause it seems like you didn't.

AJ was a freshman when he went into the beast package the first time. And who's to say Butch won't experiment with to see if using a Creamer on a cake or pie works or not?

The point on Payne was--I think he'll be fine, you catch that? But he like Darrel Green will have some days where his size will make it a bad day for him. But all in all, I think he'll be fine. You get that? Just checking cause it seems like you didn't.

All your original points may wind up being spot on.... already acknowledged that. Just disagreed with the need to use Creamer in a manner a previous coach used AJ... don't see the need. And, disagreed that Payne is "seriously" undersized at 5'9". That's all. Otherwise got your points. Carry on sir 😊

All your original points may wind up being spot on.... already acknowledged that. Just disagreed with the need to use Creamer in a manner a previous coach used AJ... don't see the need. And, disagreed that Payne is "seriously" undersized at 5'9". That's all. Otherwise got your points. Carry on sir 😊

Don't think I said anything about needing to use Creamer as a WR. Haven't re-read my post but pretty sure I didn't imply it was a necessity. I think it should be tried given his background, size and probability of success. I still think Payne is undersized both in height and weight. That doesn't mean he can't be a shutdown corner or an effective corner. It's all just opinion anyways. Am gonna love seeing these guys hit the field come game day. And just think, the full complement of signees aren't even on campus yet. If the coaches can marginally coach, we should see some real noise this season.

Beast package is now turn around and hand it to Hurd.

Reactions: 5 people
Don't think I said anything about needing to use Creamer as a WR. Haven't re-read my post but pretty sure I didn't imply it was a necessity. I think it should be tried given his background, size and probability of success. I still think Payne is undersized both in height and weight. That doesn't mean he can't be a shutdown corner or an effective corner. It's all just opinion anyways. Am gonna love seeing these guys hit the field come game day. And just think, the full complement of signees aren't even on campus yet. If the coaches can marginally coach, we should see some real noise this season.

Payne is not "seriously undersized". Maybe a little short but not much, and his weight is perfectly fine.

Where do you get the idea about Creamer? Is this something you have read from a legit source or just pulling this from your bum? I just don't see why they would move him to OLB but then use him at WR. If they need a big body at WR they have options.

Reactions: 2 people
Payne is not "seriously undersized". Maybe a little short but not much, and his weight is perfectly fine.

Where do you get the idea about Creamer? Is this something you have read from a legit source or just pulling this from your bum? I just don't see why they would move him to OLB but then use him at WR. If they need a big body at WR they have options.

Done had the talk with KBVOL, don't see no need to talk it any mo'.

It's hard for me to take these media guys analysis seriously. When you make the statement that Owen Williams "needs to work on his conditioning, STRENGTH and quickness", you kinda lose me at that point. I mean question the conditioning and maybe quickness, but by all accounts he may be the strongest guy on the team so how do you question his strength? And wasn't quickness one of his positives during recruitment?

Kinda reminds me of the article I read about Bray after his freshman season that said he lacked arm strength. SMH

We don't need him at WR, we got talent there probably more there than anywhere else.:ermm:

VN Store

Back