Jalen Hurd Video

Will be interesting to see how he develops. He will probably be able to help us a lot this year. Let's hope the Freshman adjustment period is very short. First time he scrimmages and gets hit by AJ Johnson or Curt Maggitt will be a wake up for him. Tough going from being "the man" in high school to being "in the mix" in college. I hope he is Freshman All-American and Marlin Lane is All-American, that means we have been very successful.

Reactions: 6 people
Will be interesting to see how he develops. He will probably be able to help us a lot this year. Let's hope the Freshman adjustment period is very short. First time he scrimmages and gets hit by AJ Johnson or Curt Maggitt will be a wake up for him. Tough going from being "the man" in high school to being "in the mix" in college. I hope he is Freshman All-American and Marlin Lane is All-American, that means we have been very successful.

in the SEC 1 position freshmen often come right in and make a difference is at RB

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
He's is so tall that i am worried about him sustaining a knee injury due to his height.

Yeah, I remember sitting in the endzone and watching Hershel Walker run over Bill Bates and head towards the endzone where I was sitting. Not saying he will be Herschel by any means, but you're right, RB is a position where a Freshman can make a difference quickly.

I don't think you can judge if a player is SEC ready by 13 seconds of practice film.

C'mon man. This is Volnation. We don't need video for us to tell if a player is SEC ready. All of the couch coaches, armchair qb's and talent evaluators we have on this site? :eek:lol:

Reactions: 2 people
Did you hear coach at the end of that pass catch run:
"You're runnin' too high, Jalen!"

What is the word on Pig Howard, in one of the clips did I see him running routes? Is he practicing with the team this spring?

I don't think you can judge if a player is SEC ready by 13 seconds of practice film.

he didn't say he is he said he looks ready. why not back off with the smart azz remarks he mat be excited about vols football

My title tells you exactly what I think about my own comments. All the same;

1. Lane looks like he's not going to be Hurd-ed to the sidelines this season.

2. If Pig is gone, who's that I saw wearing number 2?

3. Rifleman looked good throwing. Pumpkin Eater didn't seem comfortable. Whirlybird about the same. But where was the Dobb Goblin?

4. I'd expect to see fewer dropped passes from our 2nd year WRs so was surprised at seeing juggling and drops by the likes of Croom and others. Probably unfair judgment as practices are still just started.

5. Some OL aren't giving the 6-3 effort. Again, probably unfair judgment as practices are still just started.

6. Hurd looks fast as someone said but he better get lower. Remember what happened to Lattimore and not just that hit our guy put on him. He'd been knocked out of games before, I think a knee injury previously. Hurd' got to get lower but I know he is going to be a galloper like Dickerson and not a Bull of the Woods like Jim Taylor or a burrowing warthog like John Riggins.

Last edited:
He's is so tall that i am worried about him sustaining a knee injury due to his height.

Geez really dude? This topic has been run into the ground and rehashed by every armchair QB and online expert on VN.

Last edited:
Is Hurd's shoulder healed enough to start taking some contact in practice? I haven't heard anything about his shoulder lately

You clearly forgot where you are! This is Volnation! 13 seconds is more than enough for most posters on here. :birgits_giggle:

VN Store

Back