Orange & White Game

volfan1231

If there is already a thread about this I apologize for making a new one and Freak can delete it. I want to take my 2 boys to Neyland Stadium for the 1st time for the Orange & White game and I've never been to a spring game. Can anybody tell me if it's real kid friendly for a 4 year old and 6 year old?

Also wondering does anyone know which Former Vols will be on hand?

I have some similar questions.

Where can I find details on Sat April 12. I booked a flight, hotel, rental and have other stuff to do but chose this weekend to make the trip so I can enjoy some football. This will be the first Orange and White game I have ever been to. I would love to attend any events and festivities scheduled for that day especially meeting the team and staff. I am sure there's a thread, but my search yielded nothing.

Will I need a ticket? believe they are free and where do I get it at.

I know u can go to a autograph session before the game and yea its pretty kid friendly if u don't mind your kid listening to popular hip hop music.

Reactions: 1 person
I took my 2 year old last year and he had a lot of fun before passing out about half way through. I'm taking him, now 3, again this year and can't wait.

FYI: sunscreen... :)

Reactions: 2 people
Yes, it is very much kid/family-friendly, but just prepared, as at that time of year, the weather could be anything. Hope y'all have a great time.

Entrance is free and it's very kid friendly.

That being said, if you notice a section comprising mostly or only of frat boys, you probably want to sit somewhere else because the language might be a little rough for the youngins

Reactions: 3 people
If there is already a thread about this I apologize for making a new one and Freak can delete it. I want to take my 2 boys to Neyland Stadium for the 1st time for the Orange & White game and I've never been to a spring game. Can anybody tell me if it's real kid friendly for a 4 year old and 6 year old?

Also wondering does anyone know which Former Vols will be on hand?

I took my (at the time) 4 year old to the OW game last season and to a game. This OW game is supposed to be the most crowded one yet but, luckily, there will be mostly Vol fans only at this game. I say mostly bc even last year there were gator fans acting a fool in the north endzone, trying to antagonize the fans. You guys will have a great time. And it's shorter than a real game, so the boys should be able to sit through it.

Where can I find details on Sat April 12. I booked a flight, hotel, rental and have other stuff to do but chose this weekend to make the trip so I can enjoy some football. This will be the first Orange and White game I have ever been to. I would love to attend any events and festivities scheduled for that day especially meeting the team and staff. I am sure there's a thread, but my search yielded nothing.

I dont know if the times have been released yet, keep an eye on UTsports.com.

Here is the layout they did last year.

GAMEDAY CENTRAL: DISH Orange & White Game - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

I expect a similar setup again. The link includes the Fan Info and everything, but keep in mind, the times may change for 2014

I do know some details that may or may not have been said yet. There will be an alumni game this year. I do know that for a fact. I know personally that Donte Stallworth and Cedric houston will be there for sure. A few others, but havent confirmed with them yet.

utsports.com always has detailed info on about everything going on don't think they are any info now but should be something soon. I think it is free but some O&W games in past has been $5.00. If it is free no ticket is needed and all O&W games are general admission besides in luxury suites. Enjoy trip!

I've taken my girls the past couple of years (now 8 and 4) and they love it. It's free but get there early if you want to park close and very very early if you want autographs. Loved it when Eric Berry walked out on the field late in the game to see CBJ and the crowd broke out in an Er-ic Ber-ry chant.

Yes, it is very much kid/family-friendly, but just prepared, as at that time of year, the weather could be anything. Hope y'all have a great time.

The best piece of advice is right here. I've been told cold, windy ones and warm, sunny ones. Check the forecast in advance and dress accordingly. Other than that, you and the kids will have a blast. I've taken my daughter since she was 3. She loves talking about the stadium, smokey, cheerleaders, etc. (Haven't quite got her hooked on football yet. Darn you Spongebob)

Reactions: 2 people
Have they announced what Former Vols are going to be in town? Also wondering what can you bring to get autographed? I've got two footballs one for each of my boys, are they allowed to be brought in?

VN Store

Back