Movies with TN football in it

The Blind Side

Well at least Phil was in there in big dog coach role.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person
Diary of a Mad Black Woman has the Power T on the back of a truck. I believe it's visible when that one guy picks up the main character from her workplace.

Reactions: 4 people
"Unconquered," which was a biographical film about Richmond Flowers. If you haven't seen it before, try Unconquered (1989) - part 1/7 - YouTube.

Of course, Fulmer played a bit role in "The Blind Side."

And there is no telling how many times Johnny Butler's 56-yard touchdown run against Alabama in 1939 appeared in old movies when they wanted to incorporate some thrilling football video.

Reactions: 2 people
Any movie with David Keith in it has a reference (either visual or verbal or both) to UT football in it. He works it into all of his scripts, without exception.

Reactions: 5 people
I think it was eventually revealed that Bama was playing GA Tech instead of UT

I remember seeing Smokey in one of those scenes.

It's not directly related to UT, but Quentin Tarantino has thrown some Knoxville references in his movies.

Really? I had no idea.

I could be wrong. But I always wondered (and hoped) they were showing UT but I recall that getting squashed at some point. Who knows.

Straw Dogs, the evil rapist guy is wearing a University of Tennessee shirt in one of the scenes..... yay rapist guy.

I could be wrong. But I always wondered (and hoped) they were showing UT but I recall that getting squashed at some point. Who knows.

Straw Dogs, the evil rapist guy is wearing a University of Tennessee shirt in one of the scenes..... yay rapist guy.

You would be wrong. Go to 1:10, and you will see smokey on the sidelines. Youtube

Reactions: 1 person
Not a movie, but I remember a reference to the Rose Bowl between the Vols and USC in one of the old Bugs Bunny/Marvin the Martian cartoons.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Not Tennessee football, but in Animal House, during the courtroom scene, there is a Tennessee state flag in the corner.

VN Store

Back