Pig to miss spring practice

BallerVol

Per Hyams: "Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams 20m
UT WR Pig Howard will not participate in spring practice. Last year's leading receiver (44 for 388) is taking a leave for personal reasons"

Disappointing!

I hope he gets his crap together because the competition is a-comin'! I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting buried on the depth chart, if not losing his spot on the team all together. Hope he proves me wrong.

Hate it for Pig, great kid.

Welcome to the slot receiver position in the SEC Von Pearson, Vic Wharton and Ryan Jenkins.

Assuming Johnson will also slide in here and get lots of reps in the Spring.

Reactions: 1 person
Disappointing!

I hope he gets his crap together because the competition is a-comin'! I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up getting buried on the depth chart, if not losing his spot on the team all together. Hope he proves me wrong.

Not as disappointing as our leading receiver only having 388 yards...wow that's sad

Reactions: 24 people
Hate it for Pig, great kid.

Welcome to the slot receiver position in the SEC Von Pearson, Vic Wharton and Ryan Jenkins.

Assuming Johnson will also slide in here and get lots of reps in the Spring.

I'm pulling for Ryan Jenkins I think he'll be a good one.

Hey Leb...another spot for you :salute:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

No matter what your opinion of Pig is, this is a bad thing for the team no matter which way you slice it. Losing one of your leading offensive producers is never a good thing, incoming talent or no - you all saw what losing CP, Hunter, and Rivera did to us in 2013.

On a different note, it's my personal opinion that retaining CP's services as a receiver, KR, and APB in 2013 would have easily propelled us to wins over Georgia and Vanderbilt.

Reactions: 8 people
Per Hyams: "Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams 20m
UT WR Pig Howard will not participate in spring practice. Last year's leading receiver (44 for 388) is taking a leave for personal reasons"

This info was released late Thursday. But consider the source. Not directed at you BalllerVol.

I was sitting at the bus stop on campus next to a couple of the guys on the team and pig walked past and said hi to them (this was prob a week ago) and when he left they went on to talk about how that had been the first time they'd seen him in a couple weeks and that they hadn't seen him in the football center for a while. So I don't know if it's work-ethic related or what.

No matter what your opinion of Pig is, this is a bad thing for the team no matter which way you slice it. Losing one of your leading offensive producers is never a good thing, incoming talent or no - you all saw what losing CP, Hunter, and Rivera did to us in 2013.

On a different note, it's my personal opinion that retaining CP's services as a receiver, KR, and APB in 2013 would have easily propelled us to wins over Georgia and Vanderbilt.

You surely arent comparing losing Pig to losing CP

I bet the percentage of players that make it back and have a significant impact after taking any time off for personal reasons is less than 50%.

Hope everything is ok with him.

At least we have depth at the slot position .
Which is nice for a change.

Work everything out Pig and return home..

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back