Utah State opens as early Vegas favorite @Tennessee

Wow
Such Misinformed
Not that good
Wow

and we are a juggernaut............ Utah State is a very good football team and its not that surprising that they are favored by Vegas. The line will probably move tremendously between now and then, depending on our spring and fall leading up to the game. "We Are Tennessee" doesn't mean jack **** when it comes to betting.

Reactions: 12 people
I am surprised they are favorite with the game being at home for us. I do realize that Utah State is a good football team and it's not going to a cake walk game but still a little surprised they open up as favorite.

Reactions: 1 person
The line will just move based on betting..but I hope some people temper their expectations about our W-L record and understand the freshman probably will not do better than the seniors we lost.

Reactions: 2 people
and we are a juggernaut............ Utah State is a very good football team and its not that surprising that they are favored by Vegas. The line will probably move tremendously between now and then, depending on our spring and fall leading up to the game. "We Are Tennessee" doesn't mean jack **** when it comes to betting.

We're Not a juggernaut by any means, but they are losing 14 players from last year's squad, and who knows if Chuckie Keeton will be back to his normal self by then.

The "We are Tennessee" argument doesn't need to be made here, we're just better than them.

Reactions: 6 people
I think this game will play out a lot like WKU. Experts will be all over Utah State, and we will come away with the win.

We're Not a juggernaut by any means, but they are losing 14 players from last year's squad, and who knows if Chuckie Keeton will be back to his normal self by then.

The "We are Tennessee" argument doesn't need to be made here, we're just better than them.

I can understand your last part, but us being better than them is a tremendous assumption of great incoming talent. I get what you are saying, but who knows how our young guys will play and there is still a huge question mark at QB.

:rofl: :rofl: :birgits_giggle: We are young but talented. Tennessee teams no matter the sport are gonna get the best effort the opponent can muster, take nothing for granted and be prepared. :yes:

Last edited:
I can understand your last part, but us being better than them is a tremendous assumption of great incoming talent. I get what you are saying, but who knows how our young guys will play and there is still a huge question mark at QB.

I understand the concerns about the youth coming in and the qb position as well. I guess it's too early to say anything for certain, but we should all have have a fairly good understanding of where this team is by the time spring practice ends.

Reactions: 1 person
I understand the concerns about the youth coming in and the qb position as well. I guess it's too early to say anything for certain, but we should all have have a fairly good understanding of where this team is by the time spring practice ends.

Agree

I'm not even sure spring practice is a good measure of where a team is at. Remember when Bray had an awful O&W game and everyone thought the O was going to be awful.

I'm not even sure spring practice is a good measure of where a team is at. Remember when Bray had an awful O&W game and everyone thought the O was going to be awful.

That's true, but I'm just speaking from a general standpoint. Obviously the qb competition won't be decided by the end of spring, but it will give us all something to look at going forward. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing how Ferguson does for the first time.

Gonna be a tighter game than most think.

VN Store

Back