Returning Starters

DrDave

How many are there and who are they?
I'm trying to see how many returning starters we have from last year.

Possibilities:

Offense: QB-Worley (Dobbs), RB-Lane, TE-Downs, WR-North, Pig

Defense: LB-AJ, Corner-Sutton and Coleman, Safety-Randolph and McNeill

These are possibilities only because most spots will be up for grabs. Looking at this list, it doesn't bode well for a lot of success in 2014, especially early in the season. We will be going up against teams with multiple years of successful recruiting.

You have to count Maggitt as a starter too. He may not have played last year, but he was a started the previous two. So, with him, 5 on offense, and 6 on defense.

You have to count Maggitt as a starter too. He may not have played last year, but he was a started the previous two. So, with him, 5 on offense, and 6 on defense.

:rock: We sorely mossed him this year. If he is at 100%, we could be stout at LB!

I know he wasn't a starter, but is anyone else as excited as me about Rhiad Jones being healthy and back? Didn't he have a lot of hype in spring practice? It would be nice if he was all he was hyped to be across from Cam Sutton.

Not entirely a bad thing.

I would agree with that considering some of the guys leaving weren't necessarily SEC caliber players.

But yeah, we're still going to take a lot of lumps this year. Hopefully the early PT for a lot of our younger players equates to more wins down the road.

I would agree with that considering some of the guys leaving weren't necessarily SEC caliber players.

But yeah, we're still going to take a lot of lumps this year. Hopefully the early PT for a lot of our younger players equates to more wins down the road.

Exactly.
Also having 14 EE's could help promote healthy competition at some key positions. I think the biggest ?? remains the QB situation. I can't begin to verbalize how thoroughly unimpressed I was with all QB's that saw the field last year. I hope to God somebody steps up and shines because we desperately need it.

Utah State has 6 returning on offense and 5 on defense. They also have 4 on special teams. How many do we have on special teams?
Just checked the Phil Steele link and Utah State only has 7 returning, 3 on offense and 4 on defense. Quite a difference from their web site!

Utah state has 6 on offense with two coming off major surgery and one (maybe 2) likely to get suspended.they also have six bc on their site they counted the backup qb who came in last yr. I'd Imagine he won't play against UT unless something happens. So technically they have less than 6.

It depends on how you add it up
Several have "starts" in their career. If you want to add it up like the USU staff did theirs then it goes like this. A start is just one play. We are still inexperienced but not as much as USU

Smith
Croom
Downs
Lane
Worley
Dobbs
North
Pig
Jackson
Crowder

That's just being nit picky but that's how USU staff adds it up on their site. On defense you could say the following names bc they have "starts" in their career

Williams
maggitt
Coleman
Sutton
McNeil
Aj
Randolph
Swafford

Last edited:
Possibilities:

Offense: QB-Worley (Dobbs), RB-Lane, TE-Downs, WR-North, Pig

Defense: LB-AJ, Corner-Sutton and Coleman, Safety-Randolph and McNeill

These are possibilities only because most spots will be up for grabs. Looking at this list, it doesn't bode well for a lot of success in 2014, especially early in the season. We will be going up against teams with multiple years of successful recruiting.

"Those numbers are terrible....obviously that means we have a bad year...our AD should just fire CBJ and start all over again". This said by some posters on this board! Some posters just don't get it!

"Those numbers are terrible....obviously that means we have a bad year...our AD should just fire CBJ and start all over again". This said by some posters on this board! Some posters just don't get it!

I guess the best thing to do is to ban graduation for all players and early NFL entries

Last edited:

VN Store

Back