3438 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Who are our early enrollees? Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. Originally Posted by LWSVOL in January we will still have 71 players on scholarship so we can only add 14 ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2013, 06:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
davethevol's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,410
Likes: 2,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWSVOL View Post
in January we will still have 71 players on scholarship so we can only add 14 early entry players unless someone leaves the program before January
Knowing that, is it safe to assume Butch will tell a player already on the team to move on in order to make room for an EE?
davethevol is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Whos_Next
 
SlipKidVol's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chattanooga, TN
Posts: 848
Likes: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsmokey67 View Post
should be a list in the recruiting forum.
There's a whole thread there
SlipKidVol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 07:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 319
Likes: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by davethevol View Post
Knowing that, is it safe to assume Butch will tell a player already on the team to move on in order to make room for an EE?
I am sure there will be some called to the coaches to explain the reality of ever getting playing time and their options. It's a tough pill but that's life, not everyone is destined for the SEC or the NFL. Hopefully these guys see it as a positive and go somewhere they can actually get on the field.
chad4930 is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jkleno's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Jackson Hole
Posts: 1,402
Likes: 1,039
How did we land both TE's as EE's? Way to go CBJ. IMHO, TE had to be the least productive position on our entire team, not only in receptions, but also run blocking and pass protection. With a young QB and Worley, not having a solid TE to check down to hurt us badly. TE's have been so productive for us over the years. I am looking forward to seeing these 2 young men contribute to our future success in 2014.
jkleno is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 08:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Murrvull, TN
Posts: 2,011
Likes: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBiggles View Post
Get them in early, teach them the system, get them training, get them in the weight room, and get them contributing from the get go. Pretty good idea...I think 7-8 start and contribute early..
Hurd: co-starter
Pearson: starter
Malone: extensive PT
Blair: starter
Lambert: starter



Maybe Helm or Johnson but I'm not going that far yet
Vol865 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #21 (permalink)
The Big Orange Gun
 
gunner's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,760
Likes: 990
Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddFuture View Post
Tentative list as of right now:

RB - Jalen Hurd
WR - Neiko Creamer
WR - Josh Malone
WR - Lavon Pearson (JUCO)
TE - Daniel Helm
TE - Ethan Wolf
OT - Dontavious Blair (JUCO)
OG - Ray Raulerson
C - Coleman Thomas

DT - Owen Williams (JUCO)
DE - DaVonte Lambert (JUCO)
DE - Dimarya Mixon
LB - Jakob Johnson
CB - D'Andre Payne
CB - Emmanuel Moseley
Will any of those NOT make the TWO DEEP next fall?
gunner is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 09:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
LEGACY!!!!
 
OrangeDog's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: MarketplaceofNorthWestTN
Posts: 4,916
Likes: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadolphinman View Post
They can only take 14 early enrollees, so somebody is going from the list above wont be coming in. If I remember correctly,Payne has said he is not going to be an EE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LWSVOL View Post
in January we will still have 71 players on scholarship so we can only add 14 early entry players unless someone leaves the program before January
I heard that is why Booth is looking... can someone enlighten me? I've not been following threads lately.
OrangeDog is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 09:23 AM   #23 (permalink)
Almost Senior Member
 
skasper06's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 691
Likes: 2,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by OddFuture View Post
Tentative list as of right now:

RB - Jalen Hurd
WR - Neiko Creamer
WR - Josh Malone
WR - Lavon Pearson (JUCO)
TE - Daniel Helm
TE - Ethan Wolf
OT - Dontavious Blair (JUCO)
OG - Ray Raulerson
C - Coleman Thomas

DT - Owen Williams (JUCO)
DE - DaVonte Lambert (JUCO)
DE - Dimarya Mixon
LB - Jakob Johnson
CB - D'Andre Payne
CB - Emmanuel Moseley
> Brazzers
skasper06 is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Cosmo's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 319
Likes: 296
I would love to see a couple more LBs enrolling early.
Cosmo is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
LWSVOL's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mount Juliet Tennessee
Posts: 7,066
Likes: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by davethevol View Post
Knowing that, is it safe to assume Butch will tell a player already on the team to move on in order to make room for an EE?
I'm not sure about that. depends on the total makeup of the class and the roster.. IMO, he made it clear to Posey and Dallas they did not have a bright future so I assume he would do that if he felt necessary
__________________
LWSVOL is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 12:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
LWSVOL's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mount Juliet Tennessee
Posts: 7,066
Likes: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeDog View Post
I heard that is why Booth is looking... can someone enlighten me? I've not been following threads lately.
Asked Booth to wait and not come in until summer but he opted to look around. He wants to be an EE.

Nice way of telling him we don't have room
__________________
LWSVOL is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
LWSVOL's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mount Juliet Tennessee
Posts: 7,066
Likes: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner View Post
Will any of those NOT make the TWO DEEP next fall?
sure there will be some not in 2 deep. One of those tight ends will be at least 3rd team. Downs will start
__________________
LWSVOL is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Brave Volunteer's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,791
Likes: 3,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadolphinman View Post
They can only take 14 early enrollees, so somebody is going from the list above wont be coming in. If I remember correctly,Payne has said he is not going to be an EE.
Why is that even a rule? Seems to me like you should be able to let as many kids enroll early that can qualify to. Why did they deem it necessary to limit the number?
Brave Volunteer is online now  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,531
Likes: 1,093
It would be great if TKR would've been an EE. He's gonna do big things. He's already built unreal for a high school player and he lays the wood on every hit.
BruiserVol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-05-2013, 01:33 PM   #30 (permalink)
Doctorate in Volology

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,936
Likes: 3,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkleno View Post
How did we land both TE's as EE's? Way to go CBJ. IMHO, TE had to be the least productive position on our entire team, not only in receptions, but also run blocking and pass protection. With a young QB and Worley, not having a solid TE to check down to hurt us badly. TE's have been so productive for us over the years. I am looking forward to seeing these 2 young men contribute to our future success in 2014.

Butch has stated that he will sign 35 if he possibly can, that a detailed strategy is in place to do so, and that we will officially have 14 early enrollees. The last statement was prior to Josh Malone's commitment. I believe that you can anticipate a full class of 25 signees, plus five of the early enrollees back-counted against last year's class, and another 4-5 gray- and/or blue-shirt commitments. He is doing everything in his power to implement as drastic an infusion of high-caliber talent as is possible and, even more importantly, to escalate the pace of their development by bringing in as many early enrollees as the rules will permit under our current circumstances.
__________________
Doctorate in Volology
Volosaurus rex is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27