Could Duke beat Tennessee?

carolinaviking

The assumption is that a ranked team would be favored over an unranked team. Since Duke, at 9-2, is ranked #24, it is natural to think that they are better than the Vols. But truthfully, how many people around here believe Duke could beat Tennessee this year? I have not seen them play and have no idea what they are like, but to think that even in a down year like this one we would be underdogs to Duke just blows my mind.

Reactions: 2 people
The assumption is that a ranked team would be favored over an unranked team. Since Duke, at 9-2, is ranked #24, it is natural to think that they are better than the Vols. But truthfully, how many people around here believe Duke could beat Tennessee this year? I have not seen them play and have no idea what they are like, but to think that even in a down year like this one we would be underdogs to Duke just blows my mind.

Yes Duke would win!

We could be beat by ANYBODY at this point. Remember ALL THOSE POSTS before kickoff yesterday...'bout "this is VANDY we are talking about folks...STOP thinking we're gonna lose this game!"

Where are THOSE Goober??!!

If UT fans would back off and let CBJ breathe, in six years a similar conversation will be had on 'bama message boards about whether or not the Tide will ever again have the upper hand in the series.

Reactions: 5 people
If UT fans would back off and let CBJ breathe, in six years a similar conversation will be had on 'bama message boards about whether or not the Tide will ever again have the upper hand in the series.

Do you really believe what you just typed?

Reactions: 6 people
Any given Saturday boys. Teams have their ups and downs. One week we're a fired up squad that whipped up on South Carolina and one week we get beat by Vandy. Hell, Mississippi State hung with Alabama pretty well last week. Every team has off games. It's the nature of the sport. If we played Vandy again next week in Nashville the outcome could be UT winning by 21. I don't think we have a scrub team or scrub coaching staff. I just think it's been a tough season on them mainly due to the schedule. I'm remaining optimistic until I see how next season plays out.
And yes I think we beat Duke.....if we played them at the start of the season and if they stars aligned and we played with heart I think we could beat them now.
This has been a sad day on Volnation btw and I'm hurt reading some of your posts and comments. The loss was bad enough without pulling the legs off a spider.

2013-2007= 6

We've waited for quite a while. The athletic administration is really sucking it up.

We could be beat by ANYBODY at this point. Remember ALL THOSE POSTS before kickoff yesterday...'bout "this is VANDY we are talking about folks...STOP thinking we're gonna lose this game!"

Where are THOSE Goober??!!

Right here talking about how bad Duke (or anyone else) would beat Tennessee.

6 years to get to 9-10 wins get outta town. ridiculous. inexcusable. 6 years for a guaranteed national title then ok. but anything less than that in 6 years is a wash unless it's back to back sec titles.

VN Store

Back