Dobbs is not the answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBigOrangeUT

Kind of hot in these rhinos
I'll admit, when I first saw Dobbs and his cannon arm and running ability, I thought he would us to new levels. I was wrong. Yeah, he can run, but his pocket presence and ability to throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield accurately is terrible. I'm not sure if that can be taught during the offseason or not. When you don't throw a single touchdown pass in any game you play, there is something wrong. Here is to hoping the QB competition in the spring will yield a good QB for us next year. As much as I was disappointed in Worleys play, we would have won against Vanderbilt and probably would have been competitive against Missouri. Between Worley, Ferguson and Dobbs, surely we have a competent SEC QB going forward.

Reactions: 4 people
Needs to move to rb, wr, or FS imo. But we might as well keep him in this last game because ferguson will be starting next year as a RS fresh.

Reactions: 5 people
I hope Dobbs betters himself and makes for good competition to be the starter next year. No need to rule anyone out.

Reactions: 5 people
One thing, and one thing only, is going to save this program. Stability. Stability in the coaching staff, the play book, and the systems and schemes. Until we have 2-3 years of complete stability, we will always be starting over, and always underperforming. It's not about Dobbs, Bajakian, Jones, the AD, or any one other thing. It's about stability. And until then, there will be crappy performances, disappointments, losses.

Vol fans need to get their heads totally wrapped around this concept and embrace it, because taking these lumps is what's going to allow the future successes to occur. You can hope to see fewer lumps as we go along, but this program has a cancer, and it's not going to be cured in the first round of treatment. It's going to take patience. Fans who don't have any can feel free to wallow in their own misery while the rest of us nourish it back to health.

Reactions: 6 people
The worms at SEC stadiums are getting scared when they learn that Dobbs is coming to their stadium. He is leaving a trail of dead worms in the wake of his passes into the ground.

Reactions: 2 people
No, not yet. Give him another year of coaching & working with the first team, Not saying he is or isn't the answer, but right now he just hasn't had enough work. After seeing what Kiffin & Chaney did with Crompton, there isn't any reason this staff can't make a SEC QB out of one of ours. It's not impossible with a good OC & QB coach, if we have that. If not, well ???
I hope someone steps up for next year cause we're going to have a lot of young players starting. I'm not sure if having to replace the O line is bad or good. I just don't think this years got the job done. They didn't look as bad last night but it was Vandy, not Bama, LSU or most of the rest of the SEC Defense they were facing. I know there are lots of reasons (excuses) for this, but still could have done better.
Only reason to beat Ky is so that Ohio State won't be the only team left to never have lost 8 games in a season.
Go Big (whatever color it is this week)

He's the dumbest QB I've seen play here in a while. His interceptions were worse than Compdaddy's. All the dude can do is run, but I'd rather have Worley out there instead honestly.

Dobbs is no worse than the bums Vandy threw out there last night. The difference is that Vandy geared the offense towards something they could handle.

What's Bajakian's excuse for bad routes and continued reluctance to give up the mid-long passing game that is so obviously beyond this team?

The fact is that we will not have a QB that this fan base will feel good about for years to come. Do we just accept this awful offense or do we start questioning why our offensive strategies have yet to be changed to meet something Dobbs and Worley can handle?

Reactions: 2 people
I honestly don't know. I mean it's pick your poison. What most people don't know about Riley is that in high school he played with the best WR and RB in the Charlotte area so I don't know how he would perform if the best athletes aren't on his team. He also would have struggled because he is a true freshman as well. While the passing game may have be a little better the run game would have suffered cause he is a scrambling threat but not a run threat. I wouldn't be surprised if this team went to a Dual QB system cause neither one has the skills to run this system.

I'll admit, when I first saw Dobbs and his cannon arm and running ability, I thought he would us to new levels. I was wrong. Yeah, he can run, but his pocket presence and ability to throw the ball more than 10 yards downfield accurately is terrible. I'm not sure if that can be taught during the offseason or not. When you don't throw a single touchdown pass in any game you play, there is something wrong. Here is to hoping the QB competition in the spring will yield a good QB for us next year. As much as I was disappointed in Worleys play, we would have won against Vanderbilt and probably would have been competitive against Missouri. Between Worley, Ferguson and Dobbs, surely we have a competent SEC QB going forward.
Is Dobbs a veteran QB already? Plus, who will catch passes anyway??:crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
Dobbs is no worse than the bums Vandy threw out there last night. The difference is that Vandy geared the offense towards something they could handle.

What's Bajakian's excuse for bad routes and continued reluctance to give up the mid-long passing game that is so obviously beyond this team?

The fact is that we will not have a QB that this fan base will feel good about for years to come. Do we just accept this awful offense or do we start questioning why our offensive strategies have yet to be changed to meet something Dobbs and Worley can handle?

You tell em...coach :eek:lol:

The question is why has he regressed since the Bama game. Where is the coaching ? Piss poor coaching and in game adjustments.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back