Coach Butch Jones,how long a leash does he have ?

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
it will take more than 3 years,they will have to get the freshmen in,get them into the SnC part,which if things were good,they would have a couple of years
,there not

they will get thrown into the SEC fire in a hurry,which is a good thing and a bad thing,depth will have to be built and it is going to take time to get 3 or 4 deep.which is needed to be on top

when Dooley came here,it was said,that it was a 5 to 6 year job to rebuild the Vols and it hasn't gotten any better

it is going to be tuff and i don't know if CBJ is the man or not,that will take time to tell and we all know,that is short,him and his staff will have to perform in a hurry

what do ya'll think ?

Year after next if they don't fire him for losing to Vandy. The new players need coaching stability. These leaving have been in a terrible environment. Every coach fired now after two or three years just screws up players and sets it back more.

Reactions: 2 people
Considering he has upset a top 10 team. He isn't even through year 1 and already has more wins against a top 10 team than our last coaching regime. I would say a pretty long one. (yes homo)

Reactions: 12 people
He'll get 3 years no matter what. Hart would probably have to go first.

i think your right on that,Hart is tied to CBJ ,he did back into hiring a good coach

and you are right volatil,but you do have to admit,the conversation is going on

As long as he keeps recruiting like this it'd be worth it to keep him for a few years if for no other reason than to get talent on campus prior to bringing someone else in here. (think Zook)

Of course, ideally, once a few of these classes come in the winning starts and there's no need to bring in anyone else.

CBJ needs the time to get his players on campus and to get em coached up,I think it is going to be a lot longer than the 2 or 3 years that most think

He has a 5 year contract so I'd say 5 years and we can't afford to pay for any good coaches if we did fire him. The 2 previous hires were crap and we are still paying for them. I think we have to give his process time to work itself out and see what the players he gets turn out like.

Last edited:
Solid thread OP. I agree that CBJ needs time and why I was against the Dooley fire. But if Hart felt the situation was in good enough shape for him not to support Dooley when the gruden crap came up this is on him now. I've said it since before he fired dooley that if he does he is on the clock. Thing is do we get rid of Hart and CBJ if it were to come down to it?? (hopefully it doesn't come to it but still a legit question). We can't have a HC that has to deal with a new AD if the HC is on the hot seat. We saw that already and it might not be the best approach. If we clean house we clean house.

Again...cleaning house would ideally have Cheeks hiting the ground too.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

How can it be longer than three years? The freshman we have playing and redshirting will be seniors and juniors. The gret class he's assembled will be Juniors or a redshirt year but still three years in program . Next years class will be 2 years in for depth . We should be competing with anyone in three years.
If we can keep the core of this class here four years we should be good. One of the top recruiting classes of 30 players? Will never happen but could you imagine an entire great class stay together on one team? 30 juniors then 30 seniors together that many years.

I would fire Harts ass first ,i haven't liked him since he got here,the first thing he did was cripple Dooley and then the Sunseri hire happened, and then he backed into to hiring CBJ,not to mention all the fall out of letting CDD go,i think it was a done deal as far as letting him go and he drug it out for way to long.good thing i am just a fan :)

i think your right on that,Hart is tied to CBJ ,he did back into hiring a good coach

and you are right volatil,but you do have to admit,the conversation is going on

No, the conversation is NOT going on. Butch Jones has been on the job at Tennessee for 10 games.

Dear God.

Reactions: 13 people
There is not a decent coach in the country that would come here and be the 5th coach in 7 years at UT. Butch is going to be the coach for at least 2 more years, regardless. JMO

Reactions: 1 person
Very short leash. Probably game to game, but maybe even quarter to quarter. Assistant coaches are judged snap to snap, with firings most likely to occur for defensive coaches after blown third and longs.

Hart announced he's going to start running the athletic department with the same kind of whim and snap judgment of a message board poster. It will lead to a lot of personnel volatility but it will be the right thing to do, he says.

Reactions: 9 people
There is not a decent coach in the country that would come here and be the 5th coach in 7 years at UT. Butch is going to be the coach for at least 2 more years, regardless. JMO

you are right,i do think that CBj needs at least 4 more years,and to think that CPF made it what 17 years for the Vols?

it will take more than 3 years,they will have to get the freshmen in,get them into the SnC part,which if things were good,they would have a couple of years
,there not

they will get thrown into the SEC fire in a hurry,which is a good thing and a bad thing,depth will have to be built and it is going to take time to get 3 or 4 deep.which is needed to be on top

when Dooley came here,it was said,that it was a 5 to 6 year job to rebuild the Vols and it hasn't gotten any better

it is going to be tuff and i don't know if CBJ is the man or not,that will take time to tell and we all know,that is short,him and his staff will have to perform in a hurry

what do ya'll think ?

They will get thrown in to the fire and not immediately but maybe mid way through the season, some of the upper classmen will lose their starting jobs to the freshmen.

The 2015 class will be starters also and the 2016 class will add depth....

real-life1.jpg

Dews & Paulk will likely red shirt next season. Dews to add weight and Paulk to fully recover from surgery. That means Lane & Hurd will share time in the backfield next season.

Very short leash. Probably game to game, but maybe even quarter to quarter. Assistant coaches are judged snap to snap, with firings most likely to occur for defensive coaches after blown third and longs.

Hart announced he's going to start running the athletic department with the same kind of whim and snap judgment of a message board poster. It will lead to a lot of personnel volatility but it will be the right thing to do, he says.

hmmm so a miscalled time out will get it done ? :eek:hmy:

i'm still not sure about him at all :)

VN Store

Back