1974 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on How have Bama become this good? Page 13. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. for $4-5 million, UT could have hired saban---they went cheap, hired loser coaches like kiffin and dooley and got hosed. ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #181 (permalink)

for $4-5 million, UT could have hired saban---they went cheap, hired loser coaches like kiffin and dooley and got hosed.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsRule View Post
for $4-5 million, UT could have hired saban---they went cheap, hired loser coaches like kiffin and dooley and got hosed.
This is a great point. Hamilton was a penny pincher.

In fact, I recently watched a Youtube of ESPN commentary from Sports Center the day before Fulmer coached his last game against Kentucky. Word had leaked about Lane Kiffin's hiring.

I can't recall which guy said it, but one of the talking heads mentioned that since the Raiders FIRED Kiffin, he didn't have a buyout, and that this was financially a good deal for UT. I had never thought of that before...and Hamilton was just the guy that would factor that in.

Yeah....penny wise and pound foolish!

$%$% Hamilton!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #183 (permalink)
Queen Recruitnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrattvilleVol View Post
Julio Jones was driving a tricked out late model escalade ( with no job) while his single mom raising younger kids worked as an assistant manager at Church's fried chicken.

It really isn't that hard to figure out. Bama is dirty, always has been and always will be.
...and the NCAA knows it but does absolutely nothing about it.
"They said this job isn’t what it used to be. They saw adversity. I saw tradition. They saw weakness. I saw promise. They said we need to put this program back on top. I said, when can I start?" –Butch Jones
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #184 (permalink)

NICK SABAN..,,,now move on to something important!!!!
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 04:12 PM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoVol View Post
He's allowing for Alabama championships yearly inflation index which allows for adjusting the number of championships based on the need.

That's the fallacy of rival fans who are threatened by Bama's success.The truth is that Bama was awarded NCs in 45,66,75,and 77 but doesn't count them.In the last 70 years they have only counted AP,UPI,and BCS titles.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700 Nitro View Post
That's the fallacy of rival fans who are threatened by Bama's success.The truth is that Bama was awarded NCs in 45,66,75,and 77 but doesn't count them.In the last 70 years they have only counted AP,UPI,and BCS titles.
That's not entirely correct. There are some pre-poll era championships claimed, a couple of which are questionable. However, to ridicule the count when there are 10 poll/BCS and a 2-3 fairly recognized pre-poll championships is silly. The goal should be to beat them, not talk bad about them until you actually believe you are better because you say so (not talking about you, but others on here that tear down others instead of building up the Vols).

Last edited by sanefan; 10-27-2013 at 04:40 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #187 (permalink)

I believe I read/heard/watched that saban gets the kids girlfriends scholarships at bama in like gymnastics & field hockey and such. Kid can't pass up bringing his girlfriend who is in some cases his child's mother.

If this is true, then we should do it too.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidefan1 View Post
Well color me stupid then
Okay. Hold still while I grab some crimson paint.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 05:16 PM   #189 (permalink)

Sec

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenk24 View Post
I know this may sound like a silly question, so please forgive me.....

Can someone explain how Bama are as good as they are?

Is it really just good coaching and recruiting or are they violating some rules here?

I just get the impression that if the NCAA did a proper investigation, they would come down like a ton of bricks....

Maybe I am just trying to find an excuse for the loss, I don't know, but they are in a different league to the rest of the sport, to the point where it is becoming suspicious.....

Any explanation would be great.

GO VOLS.
They pay they're players more!
immyaxl is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #190 (permalink)

hoops Yes Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd970 View Post
Time? Saban won the NC in his third year. Won 12 games his second.
When a team has been through the difficulties that Tennessee has it takes time to change the culture. With the change of culture, new perceptions are birthed which attracts better talent. Alabama's roster was not as depleted as Tennessee's. Even so, Saban's Alabama lost to UL Monroe and was manhandled in a bowl by Utah.

The changing culture at Tennessee is evident by the no quit attitude of the players and a top recruiting class for 2014. I think that is a big step forward in a short amount of time. Be patient my friend; good things are coming! But it will take some time!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 05:24 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f77f00 View Post
It is OUTSTANDING Coaching, Recruitment, and Development. Not "good", outstanding. Yes Bama really is that good. They have been this good in the past, and they have had horrible teams in the past as well.

Alabama is like TN in the regard that they expect to win, expect to compete for SEC and National Championships. They put the money out to land the Coach and staff that can do it, simple as that.
I agree. You put Saban at so Cal or Texas and he'd do same there!
knoxvols11 is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 05:33 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenk24 View Post
I know this may sound like a silly question, so please forgive me.....

Can someone explain how Bama are as good as they are?

Is it really just good coaching and recruiting or are they violating some rules here?

I just get the impression that if the NCAA did a proper investigation, they would come down like a ton of bricks....

Maybe I am just trying to find an excuse for the loss, I don't know, but they are in a different league to the rest of the sport, to the point where it is becoming suspicious.....

Any explanation would be great.

GO VOLS.
Not to be harsh OP, but this would have been the time to take a knee instead of starting this thread.

The answers are painfully obvious to most of us. If Tennessee had made some better decisions regarding key hires, we would STILL be at an elite level. Mike Hamilton did not, and thus we are here now.

Brick by brick my friend. We are on the way back, and other teams know it.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #193 (permalink)
Any. Given. Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrattvilleVol View Post
Can you afford a one year old 35k Tahoe with 5k worth of wheels? Julio can and all without a job and a single Mama working at Churchs fried chicken with small kids at home. Are you blind, stupid or both? I guess she bought it for him with her Christmas bonus.
Yeah I guess the NCAA just didn't see that right? They just "looked the other way because its Alabama right?" I guess you personally know everyone in Jones's family right? You know exactly ow much money his aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents make. So since you know Alabama bought this vehicle for Jones, you should have no problem providing the proof of your statements.

It's vol fans like you that makes the intelligent, rational vol fans look bad. You just cannot accept the fact that Alabama is that much better than we are. So because of that you have to make up convoluted arguments based solely on your own personal hatred.

So I will await your proof that Alabama bought Jones this vehicle. If you cannot provide any take your stupid conspiracy theories, go sit at the kiddie table so the adults can talk.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #194 (permalink)

Bama isn't that good. In CFB, you're only as good as your QB, vs. theirs. Manziel has proven that for 2 years against the Tide.

Yes, they have the talent, the coaching, the aura of winning titles.

How is that gonna help them next year when Mccarron is gone?

Book it. in 2014, they'll struggle.
wherewolf is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-27-2013, 06:53 PM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700 Nitro View Post
LOL! No y'all count the 1941 championship awarded by a magazine from birmingham. Bammer was 8-2 that year and didn't even win the SEC.

Reply With Quote TOP