Ultimate bandwagon fan base?

Exfix

As I drive around Nashville and see all the Alabama window decals, shirts, license plates, etc. that were NEVER around in the Price/Franchione/Shula era it makes me wonder who has the biggest bandwagon fan base. The Patriots? Yankees? Oregon? Lakers? Being a little biased, I would say Alabama. Everyone in this state who's aunt's boyfriend's dogsitter who drove through Alabama once is all of a sudden rocking the houndstooth. When TN starts winning again (soon) you are NOT welcome back.

Reactions: 42 people
Yeah they're everywhere. One of my bosses always wore vandy clothes growing up. We are same age. He has been a Nama fan for 5 or 6 years now

Reactions: 1 person
Dude it just depends on who's winning. I'd say Nashville only having crappy Vandy and the Titans to root for, no NBA team and no MLB team means we (I live in/work in Nashville) are a large cesspool of bandwaggoners. When I was a kid everyone here loved the Vols, then they loved Florida when it was Teblow and Urban, now it's bama. Baseball it's always been the Braves. Basketball it was the Bulls, the Heat, Lakers, etc etc etc

Notre Dame

They're kinda a different breed though. Bandwaggoners only love teams that are winning. Atleast in my personal experience, most the ND fans are fans round the clock. Why they chose ND to root for when they have no affiliation with ND whatsoever is why I say they're a different breed..

I want to win again so badly.

sloth-soon-meme.jpg

Reactions: 15 people
Alabama is the ultimate bandwagon fan base. Since they won the first championship with Saban, Bama fans are everywhere in Memphis.

Anybody else notice there's suddenly several Ohio State fans running around? I don't understand. I always tell my grandson win or lose stay with the orange boy.

Reactions: 8 people
Clemson, happens about this same time every year after a loss. I see their car flags all the time up until they win. I have yet to see one this week.

Reactions: 2 people
Anyone else on here hoping that we pick up a bandwagon fans during the Jones Administration?

My cousin is a Gator fan. But, she was cool enough to get my son a Vols T-shirt for his first birthday.

I, personally, have been a Vols fan for as long as I can remember. My cousin, however, has rooted for almost every team under the sun. The one she's supporting now, has been the longest.

Definitely not Penn State. They are loyal to a fault. It made me sick how many Nittany Lions jerseys I saw all the sudden once all that mess with Sandusky broke and was being sorted out. If that kind of thing happened at Tennessee I would be ashamed.

Dude it just depends on who's winning. I'd say Nashville only having crappy Vandy and the Titans to root for, no NBA team and no MLB team means we (I live in/work in Nashville) are a large cesspool of bandwaggoners. When I was a kid everyone here loved the Vols, then they loved Florida when it was Teblow and Urban, now it's bama. Baseball it's always been the Braves. Basketball it was the Bulls, the Heat, Lakers, etc etc etc

Braves? Lived here my whole life and I grew up a Reds fan. As far as NBA goes....whats that? :)

Definitely not Penn State. They are loyal to a fault. It made me sick how many Nittany Lions jerseys I saw all the sudden once all that mess with Sandusky broke and was being sorted out. If that kind of thing happened at Tennessee I would be ashamed.

That says a lot for Penn State fans, back up their team as they should. Their team did not do anything wrong. I would hope and expect UT fans to do the same.

I live in Nashville and I see vandy fans popping out of nowhere. I have a family member I thought didn't have a clue about football or even vandy. When franklin came on board and won a couple games, next thing I know he bleeds black/gold. He wears vandy crap all the time. The whole "anchor down" bullshyt gets on my nerves. Can't wait for Nov. 23rd!

My cousin is a Gator fan. But, she was cool enough to get my son a Vols T-shirt for his first birthday.

I, personally, have been a Vols fan for as long as I can remember. My cousin, however, has rooted for almost every team under the sun. The one she's supporting now, has been the longest.

Marry me?

VN Store

Back