I have never been so excited!

stephenk24

Back after a long nap
Dear Volnation,

I have been an avid watcher of US sports since I was 12, about 8 years ago, not once have I been this excited of a game before. I wasn't this excited for Super Bowl XLV, the 06 Stanley Cup finals, my first Dodger playoff game or the last two NBA finals. THIS weekend's game against Bama has me giddy.

I doubt we will win, but I feel for once that we have a legit shot of taking down the best team in the USA. I love the team's spirit, I love Butch's coaching and leadership. I literally feel nervous every time I see the clip of Butch saying "I want the whole city of Knoxville to know that it's football time in Tennessee!"

I cannot stop thinking about this game. :rock:

I dreamt last night we beat them, and woke up happier than ever. This is on Butches, thanks to all you who keep posting on here preparing me for this game and teaching me more and more about college football and our history. All of you on this board make me more and more proud to be a Vol fan by the day. :hi:

I have 6 Vols shirts and a jersey, I am wearing one every day until Sunday, reppin' Tennessee at work and Uni. :rock:

MAN I HATE BAMA, BRING ON SATURDAY EVENING!

Regards,

Stephen the British Vol :salute:

Reactions: 62 people
I'm glad you're pumped. The image of Mount Cody is still scarred into my brain from the last significant game between Tennessee and Alabama.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Awesome k24.... once you're infected with UT football it's over, it's for a lifetime. Welcome. Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
Not long enough it seems - September 2011.

When we played them in 2009, we had the chance to kick the game winning field goal. They had a massive man, nickname was Mount Cody, and he blocked the ball.

Then he yanked his helmet off and should've have a penalty but that was several years ago and I don't think about it anymore. :banghead2:

Reactions: 3 people
When we played them in 2009, we had the chance to kick the game winning field goal. They had a massive man, nickname was Mount Cody, and he blocked the ball.

Then he yanked his helmet off and should've have a penalty but that was several years ago and I don't think about it anymore. :banghead2:

Ah, thanks. I'm glad I wasn't there to see it lol.

Not long enough it seems - September 2011.

Thank you Stephen for representing UT in The UK! Mount Cody was a huge defensive tackle for Bama who blocked a field goal at the end of the 2009 game, which we had a shot to win. Although he blocked the field goal, the ball hit him in the armpit. It wasn't so much what he did, but the terrible kick that cost us a shot at winning the game.

So, I must ask. How did you become a Vols fan?

As you can imagine, I have had to answer this question quite a few times in the last three years on here, but since you ask...

I go into football after watching Super Bowl 40. After getting more and more into football I decided I would research the whole "college" thing, as I wanted to know some of the players before they were drafted.

I researched various teams and got my head around the basics of how the conferences worth etc. I narrowed down my options to Texas (one of the few teams I had heard of), Wisconsin (because of the packers) and Southern Miss (because of Brett Favre).

I decided I would most likely go for Wisconsin because of my many friends who support them, so I spent a lot of the summer of 2011 researching them. But it all changed at a family wedding a few weeks before the season started. At the wedding a few Americans who were there got chatting to me for hours and hours about US sport. It just so happens that one of them is a massive Vols fan who graduated from UT - and when he found out I was searching for a team he spent hours telling me about the traditions at UT and inspired me to research them. I had never considered UT, partly because I had never heard of them....

So the next day I went home and watched the 2010 game against Kentucky on the SEC website. It was a pretty good game from what I remember, so I decided to stick with them going into the season. I then found this forum after the first week of the season, read it for the September month to get an idea of what the fan base was like - I joined that October and the rest is history. The Vols are now my favourite team.

Reactions: 17 people

That moment was a breaking point for me..

That was the last time I invited people to my house for a Tennessee game. I don't go to public places to watch games any more.

I broke a lamp that day.

Buck Fama.

The 1st time you get to Knoxville and stand outside Neyland stadium and think of all the historic football that's been played there you'll cry tears of joy just for being there.

Once you get inside Neyland, watch the team running through the T and hear how loud our fans can get then you'll forever understand why so many of us bleed Tennessee Orange and you'll be infected with Tennessee Love and pride the rest of your life my friend.

There's nothing better than Neyland stadium on gameday!!!

Even if we lost every game of a season I'd still wear my Tennessee Orange and fly my battle flags and be proud to be a Orange blooded Tennessee Vol!!!

It's ALWAYS great to be a Tennessee Vols fan!!!

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back