Why I Hate the Alabama Crimson Tide: A VN Tradition

When I was a kid I saw a sign hanging from an overpass over 1-40 at gleason. It read "BUCK FAMA". I'm sure they got arrested eventually, but it made an impression on a young boy.

Reactions: 2 people
When I was a kid I saw a sign hanging from an overpass over 1-40 at gleason. It read "BUCK FAMA". I'm sure they got arrested eventually, but it made an impression on a young boy.

Lets all chip in to put it back up. In bammer country

Lets all chip in to put it back up. In bammer country

It looked like a bed sheet that they spray painted. There were two shirtless guys up on the bridge draping it down over the interstate. True American heroes imo

It looked like a bed sheet that they spray painted. There were two shirtless guys up on the bridge draping it down over the interstate. True American heroes imo

The visual made me chuckle.

When I first moved to north Alabama and was single, I glued an Alabama decal to the bottom of my commode in my apartment. It was a “natural law” on Saturday afternoon that you would sit around the apartment all day watching college football and drinking beer. It was a rule that you had to yell, “PISS ON ALABAMA” every time you went to the bathroom. It was even better when I had to sit down. :cool: (no, I didn’t have a wife or son at that time. Really the only thing that I don’t like about being married is that I can’t do this anymore. :-( )

this got me laughing, mostly because of the parentheses part

Slightly off topic: It's my belief that if we pull off a win over Bama, KPD will have their hands full. Knoxville will erupt in spontaneous street partying. I don't believe we'll have any of that tires burning, overturning cars, window breaking crap, but it will get loud, long, and rowdy. Hope no folks fall off any of the bridges. But with the UGA near win, USCe win, a Bama win would be a perfect storm for such a seismic event. The ground will shake, the river will tsunami, the lights will flicker, and ESPN will burst into flames and melt into a shapeless heap. Somewhere out in deep space, an alien species surveying the night sky will believe they have recorded a supernova. Never realizing that it's only Knoxville collectively yelling "Vol Power!"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNNcTAxQkns[/youtube]

Reactions: VolsLady-in-FL
Team 117 now believes and that gives the Vols a chance against Bama. I go to church with some Bama fans and even they are nervous about this game. I just hope we come out of this one with no new injuries so we will be ready to take out our frustrations on Vandy. Go Vols!!!!

Reading that fired me up. It also got me thinking please Lord let the vols win one against them. Which made me think of this:

Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations.

General George Patton's Bastogne Prayer

Adapted Version:
Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate Tide fans with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair officiating for Battle. Graciously hearken to our players who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, they may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of the Crimson Tide and establish Thy justice among men and the SEC.

Reactions: dlravol2
Reading that fired me up. It also got me thinking please Lord let the vols win one against them. Which made me think of this:

Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate rains with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair weather for Battle. Graciously hearken to us as soldiers who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, we may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of our enemies and establish Thy justice among men and nations.

General George Patton's Bastogne Prayer

Adapted Version:
Almighty and most merciful Father, we humbly beseech Thee, of Thy great goodness, to restrain these immoderate Tide fans with which we have had to contend. Grant us fair officiating for Battle. Graciously hearken to our players who call upon Thee that, armed with Thy power, they may advance from victory to victory, and crush the oppression and wickedness of the Crimson Tide and establish Thy justice among men and the SEC.

I too hope the Vols win as well as play with a take no prisoners attitude. However, you might want to refrain from using the Lord's name so frivolously (in vain), especially if you're a Christian. I'm suggesting not preaching, you're free to do as you please, of course.

I too hope the Vols win as well as play with a take no prisoners attitude. However, you might want to refrain from using the Lord's name so frivolously (in vain), especially if you're a Christian. I'm suggesting not preaching, you're free to do as you please, of course.

Point taken.:thumbsup:

Third Saturday in October has long been a more bitter rivalry than against the Gators. That only started to happen with Spurrier's swamp.

Back in the late 80s when I was there, Alabama was the rival that counted, Florida was an afterthought. We hated Bama with every breath and it seemed as if they lived to ruin our season - they had several upsets on UT while I was there, when we were national title contenders. The seething rage when they were on the field in Knoxville was a palpable thing

VN Store

Back