Not sure any longer

FLSTF-VOL

Blood runs ORANGE!
Coach Jones talks a very good game, says all the right things etc. But I gotta say that today some of the decisions that this staff has made has me scratching my head.

The normal excuses that most use to defend the staff aren't gonna work today.

The adjustments that are made at the half will be telling. We have an outside chance here.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm starting to think he's the guy you work with who is a good interview but not a whole lot more. I hope to god I'm wrong.

Coach Jones talks a very good game, says all the right things etc. But I gotta say that today some of the decisions that this staff has made has me scratching my head.

The normal excuses that most use to defend the staff aren't gonna work today.

The adjustments that are made at the half will be telling. We have an outside chance here.

So...fire Butch? Is that what you want? Even if you want him gone at the end of this season, it's a ridiculous proposition. Turnover is killing this program.

Reactions: 4 people
Lol some people have no sense of reality.
Since you have such a good grasp of reality, tell me how you would defend the third down call on the first drive, the lack of adjustments to cover the slant on defense, the no time out call etc.

Reactions: 3 people
So we struggle against one of the best teams in the country and people are questioning Buthchs coaching. Good Lord. I guess when it comes to UT, a coach does not even get a full season to prove his worth. I guess we should look for another coach right?

Reactions: 1 person
Glad you're so sure of that. A lot of people were sure about Dooley, too.

Who was ever sure of Dooley? He had a losing record when he got here. Most of us were just hoping as praying Hamilton found a diamond in the rough.

Concerned that O still looks disjointed and our up tempo seems to hurt us more than help. All starts with the QB though. Can't bring a dull knife to a gunfight.

OK, be careful when you're jumping off the band wagon...I don't want to have to paint it again...

So...fire Butch? Is that what you want? Even if you want him gone at the end of this season, it's a ridiculous proposition. Turnover is killing this program.
Where in my post did I say that Coach Jones should be fired? Are you advocating that he and this staff are above approach and no one should question or critique him?

Not to mention the fact that the university is still paying Fulmer and Dooley and that the athletic department operated in a deficit last year.

we are outmanned more than anything but he has shown that he is stubborn and isnt the greatest on field manager

bajakian is very suspect

Since you have such a good grasp of reality, tell me how you would defend the third down call on the first drive, the lack of adjustments to cover the slant on defense, the no time out call etc.

It's called being human. He is making mistakes, so what? No coach is perfect. I guess you would be able to do a much better job right? Wrong. Jones and his staff know more about football then everyone on viol nation combined. Until you have coached at the collegiate level, you have no idea about making decisions and play calling.

VN Store

Back