2612 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Vols Win!. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. Just thought I would remind some people of this. I was not particularly thrilled with the performance, but we won! ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
@poakley21

Vols Win! Tennessee 31 Southern Alabama 24

Just thought I would remind some people of this.

I was not particularly thrilled with the performance, but we won!

I am going to enjoy getting a W this week while Butches job is to worry about the improvement.

Cheer up Volnation and step away from the ledge

Last edited by pualsline; 09-28-2013 at 07:40 PM..
VN Likes: 9
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Doctor of Orange

It wouldn't matter if we had won by 30. There are 10-15 posters on here that live to simply be negative when it comes to our program. Watch - you'll be able to start numbering them off here in a few minutes.

But publicly dissing Nick Saban is not the best decision he's ever made.
VN Likes: 6
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

I was just about to post a similar thread. I think the mods should consider stickying this 'breaking news.'

I swear, I try to give most the benefit of the doubt but sometimes I truly do wonder about certain online fans.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

I agree. I definitely wish we had performed better but I guarantee the coaches and players feel the same way. I'll take a win any day no matter how ugly.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Best Orange in Texas

All about the "W"
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Is it me or did some fans forget that we have new defensive and offensive systems that the players have to learn.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

That wasn't pretty, but there are NO ugly wins. A win is a win any way you count it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Just got back from the game. It sure wasn't pretty but a W is a W. After getting on here I feel like we lost though.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

I am disappointed with how we played, but you're right. We need to enjoy the win. I hope that we can somehow find a way to beat Georgia. Go Vols!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #10 (permalink)

I'll always be a vol. Our program will improve. People here need to realize this program is in extreme turmoil and need to stop comparing it to other rebuilding jobs because some programs just take longer to come back. It's how it is. Alabama was down for a decade. We have the right guy, it's gonna take time. Was today a perfect performance? No. Was coaching 100% perfect? No. However, no coach is perfect. Coaches will make mistakes. Sabah does, bear Bryant did, the general did. We'll get back and just like the op said, WE WON. I would've hated to see this site had we lost...I'm not happy with this performance myself but hey we won and right now in this program you gotta take a win no matter how you slice it. Go vols!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
@poakley21

I would also like to point out Neal had 169 yards rushing while Lane averaged 13.2 yards per carry
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pualsline View Post
I would also like to point out Neal had 169 yards rushing while Lane averaged 13.2 yards per carry
What is the status of Lane - he was limping just before the half and did not return.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:34 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thank God there are still some positive fans left in VOLNATION. Every week I come here and read 20 posts of people bashing the team, the coach, the cheerleaders and smokey if he doesn't bark enough. First of all we got a new coach who's playing with the last two coaches recruits. News flash.. we won't win an SEC championship the first year. Let focus on building a program and maybe getting to a bowl game this year. Next year we can raise those expectation.. anyway thanks Paulsline for posting something positive and not whining like the rest of them!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Shiny Red Trucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLSTITANS10 View Post
Thank God there are still some positive fans left in VOLNATION. Every week I come here and read 20 posts of people bashing the team, the coach, the cheerleaders and smokey if he doesn't bark enough. First of all we got a new coach who's playing with the last two coaches recruits. News flash.. we won't win an SEC championship the first year. Let focus on building a program and maybe getting to a bowl game this year. Next year we can raise those expectation.. anyway thanks Paulsline for posting something positive and not whining like the rest of them!!
Maybe your not mature enough to step away from your fandom to discuss the teams strengths and weakness but many are. Just because people talk about the areas that need improvement does not mean it's whining or bashing.

I know in today's world everything has to be PC but some of us could careless if others don't want to have realistic discussions about the program.
According to documents released Tuesday, the NCAA in responding to Alabama's textbook appeal called Alabama a "serial repeat violator" with an "abysmal infractions track record" and an "extensive recent history of infractions cases unmatched by any other member institution in the NCAA."
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Shiny Red Trucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullfillmer View Post
What is the status of Lane - he was limping just before the half and did not return.
All they said on post game was he's listed with a lower body injury. Whatever that means.
According to documents released Tuesday, the NCAA in responding to Alabama's textbook appeal called Alabama a "serial repeat violator" with an "abysmal infractions track record" and an "extensive recent history of infractions cases unmatched by any other member institution in the NCAA."
Reply With Quote TOP