3370 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Something is very wrong, VolNation.... within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. I keep trying to imagine a bunch of grown ass adults freaking out, melting down, throwing tantrums, and constantly berating ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2013, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Something is very wrong, VolNation...

I keep trying to imagine a bunch of grown ass adults freaking out, melting down, throwing tantrums, and constantly berating every aspect of our football program, but I just can't do it.

If that is indeed the case, and the posters here are not predominantly teenage boys and girls going through puberty, then something is very wrong.

This morning, 39 people were murdered at a mall in Kenya, but our world falls apart because a group of young men in pads don't perform to our unreasonably high expectations.

Having perspective is one thing, having the maturity to handle slight disappointments in a sporting competition is quite another.

I've been a Vol fan since I was old enough to know the color orange, and now my kids cheer along with me. But, over the past several years specifically, this board has become a cesspool for every level of over the top complaining I've ever seen.

When I first joined, it was fun to banter, talk through strategies, and even knock around the annoying aspects of the team or coaching staff.

But, now, coming on this board takes all the fun out of the game. I love when we win, I hate when we lose. But, either I misunderstand just how important college football is in the grand scheme, or this board grossly overreacts to something more trivial than we are willing to admit.

Anywho. Take it or leave it. React to me however you wish. I'm open to being wrong, but just wanted to share these thoughts.

Can't wait to see the Vols back at the top, and I'm willing to weather the big and small bumps along the way.

Go Vols.
VN Likes: 117
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
fooloshFool

Living in Alabama/Auburn country minutes from Georgia country and I used to think we had great fans...
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yup.... peace loving Muslims at work in Kenya yet again... but we can't do anything about that either.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
hep
-----

I agree, but didn't need the murder analogy.
VN Likes: 10
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Nothing wrong with a fan expressing their displeasure of a horrible football team
VN Likes: 8
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the6chambers View Post
I keep trying to imagine a bunch of grown ass adults freaking out, melting down, throwing tantrums, and constantly berating every aspect of our football program, but I just can't do it.

If that is indeed the case, and the posters here are not predominantly teenage boys and girls going through puberty, then something is very wrong.

This morning, 39 people were murdered at a mall in Kenya, but our world falls apart because a group of young men in pads don't perform to our unreasonably high expectations.

Having perspective is one thing, having the maturity to handle slight disappointments in a sporting competition is quite another.

I've been a Vol fan since I was old enough to know the color orange, and now my kids cheer along with me. But, over the past several years specifically, this board has become a cesspool for every level of over the top complaining I've ever seen.

When I first joined, it was fun to banter, talk through strategies, and even knock around the annoying aspects of the team or coaching staff.

But, now, coming on this board takes all the fun out of the game. I love when we win, I hate when we lose. But, either I misunderstand just how important college football is in the grand scheme, or this board grossly overreacts to something more trivial than we are willing to admit.

Anywho. Take it or leave it. React to me however you wish. I'm open to being wrong, but just wanted to share these thoughts.

Can't wait to see the Vols back at the top, and I'm willing to weather the big and small bumps along the way.

Go Vols.
your assumption is that its all grown ass adults
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Is It Next Year Yet?

Winning the occasional game against a beatable opponent is unreasonably high expectations?
VN Likes: 9
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Vol View Post
Winning the occasional game against a beatable opponent is unreasonably high expectations?
If that's the only thing you got out of what I wrote, I'd encourage you to read it again.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Iron Vol: Butch up!

Thanks for your high and mighty speech OP----I'm going to go punch a few babies now.

Last edited by volswillrise12; 09-21-2013 at 06:10 PM..
VN Likes: 14
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 04:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the6chambers View Post

Go Vols.
I bet you're a Democrat. Enjoy Kenya. I'll keep posting what I see. Another horrible UT football team.
VN Likes: 10
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Vol View Post
I bet you're a Democrat. Enjoy Kenya. I'll keep posting what I see. Another horrible UT football team.
Well that got political fast.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Lurker

The 39 at the mall should consider themselves lucky they aren't having to watch this.
VN Likes: 12
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
4 * REALIST

Thanks for the insight?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #14 (permalink)

I feel sorry for the people who take it that seriously.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 09-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volswillrise12 View Post
Thanks for your high and might speech OP----I'm going to go punch a few babies now.
I'm sorry your world is so small.
VN Likes: 7
Reply With Quote TOP