John Ward Soundboard

Boy how I miss him. Best in the business - period. Can't stand to listen to Kesling. I used to turn off the sound on TV and listen to John Ward.

Reactions: 3 people
Kesling & Priest should swap to TV and let Mike Keith and Pat Ryan do the radio call so we can hear the best radio broadcast since 1998. I miss John Ward.

Reactions: 2 people
That was awesome! I added that to my favorites bar on my laptop haha. I wish I grew up listening to John Ward...I've heard stories of people watching the games at home would mute the tv and turn up the radio to listen to John Ward. Can't say I blame them...then you have Bob Kesling....he's not an awful radio announcer but gosh he could use a little enthusiasm...a little color here and there...it's just the same old thing.

I was almost 11 years old when John Ward and Bill Anderson retired, but I remember always turning down the sound on the TV and listening to the Vol Network. Anytime I see highlights from the 90s with the Vol Network call, I think how awesome it was to hear those calls live. It's like the Kenny Chesney's "Touchdown Tennessee" said "Your voice painted us a picture of all the losses and the wins."

Reactions: 1 person
Every year before the first game, I turn down Kessling and blast Ward's football time in Tennessee...So two years ago, my wife (a native Hoosier) asks me why, so I let her hear Bob's rendition...her quote "Don't ever do that again!!!"

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back