Trick Plays?

CBJ was going to run that play until you posted it on VN. Now Spurrier will see it coming. We're screwed.

Reactions: 7 people
i hope CBJ throws in a trick play every now and again,i like going omg i hope it works :eek:

I'm a fan of the triple reverse fumblerooskie on 3rd and long from inside our own 30 (but only early in the game).

Reactions: 3 people
Every play is a "Trick Play".

You don't shout out to the defense "Hey guys I'm gonna hand the ball off to this dude here and we are gonna run right there between those two guys. Are you ready? or do you need a few minutes to get set up?"

It's all misdirection,fakes, and catching defenses off guard. Some plays are as simple as we are gonna set up and look like a duck but then we bark like a dog.

Some "trick plays" are just more flashy. So please dont start with this are we gonna resort to trick plays crap.

Lets resort to scoring touchdowns. Hows that?

Every play is a "Trick Play".

You don't shout out to the defense "Hey guys I'm gonna hand the ball off to this dude here and we are gonna run right there between those two guys. Are you ready? or do you need a few minutes to get set up?"

It's all misdirection,fakes, and catching defenses off guard. Some plays are as simple as we are gonna set up and look like a duck but then we bark like a dog.

Some "trick plays" are just more flashy. So please dont start with this are we gonna resort to trick plays crap.

Lets resort to scoring touchdowns. Hows that?

Oh wow you really know so much about football don't you! I love your cliche metaphors too!

Oh wow you really know so much about football don't you! I love your cliche metaphors too!

You sound defensive. My post was in no way a stab at you.

It was in response to the post where they used the word "desperate" to describe running a trick play to convert a 1st down.

I disagree that it was desperate. I think it was just a play that worked thats all.

Will we be seeing any trick plays this year?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uXHFXVxolg[/youtube]

Yes, it's Butch's nature.
Yes, a lot of teams throw in a wrinkle now and then. remember Meyer's fake punt last time he was in Neyland?
Yes, with either Peterman or Dobbs under center, trick plays practically beg to be called.

I would be in heaven if Butch pulled off the Peyton Bootleg this October. I just call it the "Peyton". Outside of that, hope to see plenty of creativity in game coaching via tricks plays and mixed up fast/slow offensive pace.

I like that play. I always was a fan of the old HB Sweep Option. Something about seeing a RB throw a touchdown pass always made me laugh. The play from the clip is actually a really well designed play. That would catch a lot of teams off guard.

VN Store

Back