Drae Bowles

Weee'rre Baaccckk

I'm curious as to what's going on with Bowles. I didn't see him on the depth chart nor have I heard anyone mention his name on here in quite some time. Is he still a Vol? I assume he is. Perhaps he just hasn't been a very good player? Any info would be great

Last edited:
He is a Vol still. He has shown flashes but not consistency. He should play some this season, but he has some developing to do.

Wasnt he the #1 pick in the Volympics? Hes a RS fresh if Im correct, I would look for him to start contributing this year.

Wasnt he the #1 pick in the Volympics? Hes a RS fresh if Im correct, I would look for him to start contributing this year.

Yes he was. He's well known for his extremely high character.

So he was definitely redshirted last year?

Also, is he still strictly a WR?

I believe he'll be listed as the 6th WR on the depth chart, unless he has a great camp.

Because around here we always expect the worst and seeing just a players name as a thread title makes us think they might be injured or something

Understandable. We've all been conditioned to expect the worst thanks to doom-and-gloom Dooley and the terrorist that went to SoCal. But it's a new day. New regime. The Sun will shine on the Vols once again!

Reactions: 1 person
Before we start judging this kid, remember...he's a redshirt freshman. Give him time. WRs are gonna be young this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Some guys take a little longer to develop, just how it is.
The jump from high school to D1 college is just tougher for some. JMO

They've been talking about him on the Swain event, Jason seems to think he'll emerge in fall camp. Said he's a "football player"..

Not to say Bowles has his talent but people seem to forget Meachem wasn't much of a factor until his last season and a half on The Hill. Just because Bowles was redshirted and there aren't unsubstantiated rumors that he is going to be a star, etc., doesn't mean much of anything because he is a RS freshman who played behind a deep, talented WRs last year.

Drae Bowles is just a quiet young man going about his business of learning the playbook & the system of CBJ & the coaches. He's a little raw right now but he will be a star once given the opportunity to show his talents on the field. At 6'0" & 200lbs he can fly & be a big factor for the offense in running the receiver routes or even being a kick off returner of which we need so badly at times. Just keep an eye on #7 when he comes into the game.

Reactions: 2 people
I've heard a couple people say if he can't crack into the rotation at wide receiver then he might be a candidate to move over to defense. I've heard he's a good athlete, just needs to gain confidence and carve himself out a role on the team. I think he'll contribute at some point this year.

So does this make the 10th "where is Drae Bowles" thread? lol

Not everyone sits on the home page all day long and sees every single thread that goes through here. You can either talk about football or not. The internet is a big place, there are other things to see. It amazes me how annoyed people get about stuff like that.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back