Greatest play calls from John Ward: Video

The greatest play-by-play announcer and one of the nicest, most humble gentlemen I have had the privilege to sit and talk to.

Reactions: 5 people
The greatest play-by-play announcer and one of the nicest, most humble gentlemen I have had the privilege to sit and talk to.

He's so humble you almost feel like he doesn't understand how much we love him!

Reactions: 3 people
When I think about the history of Tennessee football, I think of John Ward as much as any player or coach. Listening to him on cool crisp day was almost like sitting on the 50 yard line. Great Memories.

Reactions: 2 people
I remember the radio out on the back porch listening to the Vols games and throwing the football around by myself with leaves on the ground. John Ward still does my soul some good.

Reactions: 1 person
I was just thinking the other day, when watching some UT football clip, that I REALLY miss hearing his voice on the radio broadcasts. I'm sure it's because he covered so many of the years when we were always in contention for an SEC title, but Kessling just doesn't cut it for me. He's too monotone and boring...not to mention fumbling with names often times.

I really wish UT would find another, someone who knows what they are talking about and can be animated the way John Ward was.

You guys were blessed for decades to have Ward calling UT games. Ditto for UGA and Munson. UF has a cartoonish, talentless hack calling our football and basketball games. He's the worst.

My favorite Ward call was "Willie Gault is running to the state capitol building." :eek:lol:

Reactions: 2 people
I've said all along that if we were to build a "Mt. Rushmore" of Tennessee athletics, John Ward's face would be on it!

Literally watched The Voice last night. Went back and forth between chill bumps, excitement and tears. GOD I miss John Ward!

I'd like the slap whoever decided the stupid violin music needed to be just as loud as John making the calls.

I can remember raking leaves in the yard with my Dad. We would hang a radio off a tree limb and listen to the games. Every time the Vols were driving, we would stop and sit and listen. John Ward had a way of capturing the moment and describing it as if you were there. John Ward = Best Ever!!!

You guys were blessed for decades to have Ward calling UT games. Ditto for UGA and Munson. UF has a cartoonish, talentless hack calling our football and basketball games. He's the worst.

My favorite Ward call was "Willie Gault is running to the state capitol building." :eek:lol:

I'm glad to see a UF fan that can't stand that guy. He's awful.

Ward was about as close to perfect as you can get.

VN Store

Back