Lane Kiffin contrasts Tennessee fans and Los Angeles

JAllen18

VFL
Lane Kiffin contrasts Tennessee fans and Los Angeles

"As I've stepped back from it, and I think back to that, I don't really view that as a negative," he said. "I really view that as the passion of the Tennessee fan base. They are extremely passionate. Also, they liked what was going on. You should be scared if you leave and they're celebrating. Obviously, they were upset because they felt we were heading in the right direction. ... I think that just speaks to the passion of the Tennessee fans."

Reactions: 8 people
Deep down, he knows that he Effed up by leaving UT. Karma is unfolding in front of our eyes at the moment.

Reactions: 19 people
I wouldn't even change the Dooley hire.

Screw that! I was not a massive Kiffen fan but Dooley was an outright disaster from day 1. The moment they said Dooley was the new head coach, everyone in the state of Tennessee, ESPN, SEC, and even the folks in Georgia said, "who?" A loser with a losing record loses. Me and everyone else stuck with him out of duty to our team.

Reactions: 21 people
At one point at Tennessee, there was a five-month period where I didn't go to a restaurant, I didn't go to a grocery store, I didn't go anywhere, because it does become a little bit overwhelming. It was just easier to stay at home and eat with my family. It just speaks to the passion of the fans.

"It's completely different," he said. "It doesn't mean one way is right or wrong. You go out and you can sit there for two hours at dinner (in LA), and probably no one's going to say a thing to you. Maybe somebody walks by and says good luck or Fight On. That's it. It is extremely different."

more quotes from article

Reactions: 1 person
Screw that! I was not a massive Kiffen fan but Dooley was an outright disaster from day 1. The moment they said Dooley was the new head coach, everyone in the state of Tennessee, ESPN, SEC, and even the folks in Georgia said, "who?" A loser with a losing record loses. Me and everyone else stuck with him out of duty to our team.

What if we ha hired someone only slightly better than Dooley. He may still be here...meaning no CBJ.

He named his son Knox and then dipped.
homer-simpson-doh.gif

Reactions: 6 people
As I say to my wife: "Hate to see you go... but love to watch you leave."

(For different reasons, obviously. :shaking2:)

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back