Most Improved Defenses by Phil Steele

bigorange

WGWTFA
SIAP

Phil Steele

It's just another preseason prediction, and obviously our defense has nowhere to go but up, but it's encouraging to see that knowledgable guys like Phil Steele expect our defense to be much improved.

Cliffsnotes:
Most Improved Rush Defenses in 2013

Rank Team
1 USC
2 Texas St
3 Texas
4 Arizona St
5 Arizona
6 Boston College
7 Marshall
8 Washington
9 Miami, Fl
10 Fresno St
11 Louisville
12 Tennessee
13 Tulane
14 USF
15 Army

122 FIU
123 Iowa St
124 SMU
125 BYU
126 UTSA
----------------------------------------------

Most Improved Pass Defenses in 2013

Rank Team
1 Louisiana Tech
2 Oklahoma St
3 West Virginia
4 Tennessee
5 Baylor
6 Miami, Fl
7 Houston
8 Louisiana
9 Ohio St
10 ULM
11 WKU
12 Stanford
13 Arkansas
14 Arizona
15 Oregon

122 Georgia St
123 Nevada
124 Georgia
125 Michigan
126 Texas Tech
----------------------------------------------

Most Improved Scoring Defenses in 2013

Rank Team
1 Marshall
2 Tennessee
3 New Mexico St
4 Colorado
5 Arizona
6 Texas
7 Tulane
8 Mississippi
9 USF
10 Southern Miss
11 USC
12 Arkansas
13 Oklahoma St
14 Baylor
15 Nebraska

122 Kent St
123 Georgia St
124 Rutgers
125 Iowa St
126 UTSA
GBO!

Reactions: 8 people
Nowhere to go but up. BTW when does his magazine hit the stores? I can't find it anywhere.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Frankly it isn't hard to improve a LOT over 2012's disaster. It will take a huge improvement to win consistently and I hope it happens.

IMO I would probably switch our rankings on the pass and rush. But I like seeing us as número 2 on scoring.
GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
Sadly, we could end up not even ranked in the top half of the NCAA rankings and still be most improved. Not many teams could improve 60 places in the rankings.

Reactions: 3 people
Ol' Phil is showing us some love so far. I sure hope he's right. The 2012 defense is one that will go down in infamy. Until we gel on offense, and even after, we're going to need to hold our opponents scoring as much as possible this year to have a chance especially in our SEC games. We have got to get pressure on the QB's this year. I think that's the one most important D factor in how we do this year.

Sadly, we could end up not even ranked in the top half of the NCAA rankings and still be most improved. Not many teams could improve 60 places in the rankings.

THIS....in a nut shell.

He could be right, or he could be wrong......a claim everyone on this board can make.

Ol' Phil is showing us some love so far. I sure hope he's right. The 2012 defense is one that will go down in infamy. Until we gel on offense, and even after, we're going to need to hold our opponents scoring as much as possible this year to have a chance especially in our SEC games. We have got to get pressure on the QB's this year. I think that's the one most important D factor in how we do this year.

Phil shows us love every year, and every year we prove him wrong.

Last year was certainly nothing to write home about from a players' standpoint., but I still put 95% of the blame on Sal.

You know the coaching is bad, when, in the South Carolina game, the commentators say " Umm, ok... UT is not lining up correctly... they don't seem to be interested in fixing it.... Watch this..." *TOUCHDOWN GAMECOCKS*

Last year was certainly nothing to write home about from a players' standpoint., but I still put 95% of the blame on Sal.

You know the coaching is bad, when, in the South Carolina game, the commentators say " Umm, ok... UT is not lining up correctly... they don't seem to be interested in fixing it.... Watch this..." *TOUCHDOWN GAMECOCKS*

Sal was sent by Saban to destroy us

:sick:Last years Defence was the worst in 116 years of Tennessee football, i remember sitting in the chair thinking if we hold them to 40 we might have a chance at the end.

When you allow over 35 ppg and cannot shut down a 1-11 MAC team with very little talent... you have a pretty good opportunity to improve.

VN Store

Back