What exactly does Butch Jones get?

Weee'rre Baaccckk

I hear a lot of repetition among the idea that Butch Jones "gets it". In your opinion, both comical and serious, what exactly does Butch Jones get?

Last edited:
"it" means he knows how to recruit, how to make the fans happy by letting us in to the program with all the interviews he does and twitter and the you tube videos! Bringing back all the vol alumni to be around the team! Making sure the players know what real vols are! SO, so far he gets it I just hope all this transitions onto the field!!! Go vols

Reactions: 10 people
Well, since his family just moved down over Spring break, technically I'd say he "got" it.

Reactions: 1 person
"it" - realizing the proud traditions of UT and building on them.
"it" - embracing those who paved the way before him.
"it" - understanding that for UT to be successful again, we must own this state.
"it" - recognizing that due to geographic issues, he must work harder than other coaches in the SEC to beat them.
"it" - keeping the UT faculty on the good side of the football program (can't have too much academic help)

That will do for now, stay tuned for more later.

Reactions: 18 people
I think the best and simplest way to put it, Jones seems like one of us. It's like he's been in Neyland stadium with us the last 20 years rooting for big orange, seen UT's glory, seen the flaws slowly arise, seen the fall, and brought to the table everything we've been screaming and praying for. He gets what it is to be a VFL.

Reactions: 2 people
He gets the fact he can do anything halfway good and still look better than last year.

VN Store

Back