Uniform/Helmet/Shoe design thread (merged)

Vol865

Original thread:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...-uniform-helmet-design-discussion-merged.html

Post #12,000. This thread has lasted 6 years, but it looks like it's finally closing time. Here's hoping that 6 years from now we still haven't been subjected to any more uniforms like the embarrassments we wore against USC in '09.

I liked them....they looked a little tacky and could've been made to look a lot better but it wasn't like Maryland a couple years ago.....and for those saying jerseys can't help win, they can to an extent...they bring excitement which produces adrenaline...they also bring a higher confidence level as stupid as it sounds
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I liked them....they looked a little tacky and could've been made to look a lot better but it wasn't like Maryland a couple years ago.....and for those saying jerseys can't help win, they can to an extent...they bring excitement which produces adrenaline...they also bring a higher confidence level as stupid as it sounds

Those unis would have been fine with orange helmets...if we're still doing opinions on here

Not to mention the hype that it gets from the crowd. gets them excited. I enjoyed the black jerseys.

Not to mention the hype that it gets from the crowd. gets them excited. I enjoyed the black jerseys.

I enjoyed them as well. Being under a bluff at the time,it was just Kesling`s voice describing them to me. I went to the library to get online just to see the black and orange! I WANT OUR CLASSIC`S 75% OF THE TIME AND ALTS 25%. I like the practice jerseys pretty good and the wide sidestripe unis from 2002. That`s NOT breaking tradition. If beating Carolina in black isnt enough to wanna wear them again,what is? GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person

i concur 100%. It electrified Neyland and we won BECAUSE of black jerseys. Play the game ten times in orange,we lose 8. Just saying. ALTS CAN EFFECT OUTCOME! I recommend them for the UGA and SCAR games. We could,and should,wear road alts @ Ore&Fla. If we win,wear @Bama. GO VOLS!

Those unis would have been fine with orange helmets...if we're still doing opinions on here
Now that's just stupid. You know opinions aren't allowed on VN.

As long as our helmets don't end up looking like Clemson I'd be fine with it

What is this "hype the crowd" crap? You know hypes the crowd? Winning. The pop for the South Carolina games was nothing like the pop when we beat Florida in 2004.

Don't be silly. Those 90k that saw the black jerseys beat a perennial whipping post were MUCH louder than that 109k at the UF game in 04 when we beat one of our biggest rivals. It's clearly just jerseys that posess the capacity to get UT fans excited.

How many of you actually think your opinion matters? How many of you donate??? In this day and age if the players want it, let them have it! You aren't the ones on the field. When you feel like you look better you play better! #vfl

i concur 100%. It electrified Neyland and we won BECAUSE of black jerseys. Play the game ten times in orange,we lose 8. Just saying. ALTS CAN EFFECT OUTCOME! I recommend them for the UGA and SCAR games. We could,and should,wear road alts @ Ore&Fla. If we win,wear @Bama. GO VOLS!

4-5 alts a year??? No. 1 alt/year, maybe 2, one home and one road.

My lord....you actually think we beat an average SC team at home because we wore black jerseys? So explain how we beat the piss out of a better UGA a few weeks earlier IN ORANGE?

You're beyond ridiculous.

How many of you actually think your opinion matters? How many of you donate??? In this day and age if the players want it, let them have it! You aren't the ones on the field. When you feel like you look better you play better! #vfl

I know mine doesn't in the grand scheme of things, but doesn't mean I'm gonna keep 'em to myself either, or help create a visual concept of ideas/concepts of others. I do it all in good fun and entertainment really....as I do love our uniforms and never wish for full on change, but I'd not mind 'one offs' during the season just to spark a little more interest and just to see what is new now could become tradition down the road. Just sayin'. : )>

I know mine doesn't in the grand scheme of things, but doesn't mean I'm gonna keep 'em to myself either, or help create a visual concept of ideas/concepts of others. I do it all in good fun and entertainment really....as I do love our uniforms and never wish for full on change, but I'd not mind 'one offs' during the season just to spark a little more interest and just to see what is new now could become tradition down the road. Just sayin'. : )>
I really enjoy your concepts! Some if these people just get so crazy over the thought of a little change.

I really enjoy your concepts! Some if these people just get so crazy over the thought of a little change.

Thank you.

Yeah, and I don't take any person offense to anything negative said about any of the designs, again, I just do it for fun and entertainment. Positive or negatvie comments are all the same for me really, least it is conversation bout our beloved Vols. : )>

and replace them with...

Once such alternative is the Dominican company Alta Gracia, who not only pay their workers on the basis of a living wage but have also recently begun to have their goods sold at the UT Bookstore.

bunch of dumb students who want a cause

Reactions: 6 people
IF Alvin Mack is cool with Adidas. Then so am I.

Alvin-Mack_display_image.jpg

VN Store

Back