Names of some obscure Tennessee Quarterbacks through the years? Who was the best?

VolnTEARS?

Was reading an article on one of the Vols former Quarterbacks.

Then I began trying to remember some of the back ups.

Anybody have some old names of back up quarterbacks from the past who never got any glory?

And of the lot who's maybe the best QB that never got to play because maybe someone was in front of them who was so good?

I guess the best would probably be Pat Ryan. He backed up Randy Wallace in the mid 70s. I don't think he ever started (could be wrong about that), but he had a pretty long career with the Jets.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 5 people
Obviously not a UT backup but Frank Reich...a career bench QB behind Jim Kelley that could have started anywhere... Bills were down 37-0 to the Oilers (Titans) at half. Dude came in and blew up the scoreboard and won.

He was smarter than most starters realizing clipboards, hand signals, and potential, paid really well and gave you the best seat in the house to watch a game all without forfeiting your body and health.

BJ Coleman

Transferred to UTC

Took UTC to their best record in 50 years.

Is still in the NFL as a 3rd string Qb.

Reactions: 7 people
I guess the best would probably be Pat Ryan. He backed up Randy Wallace in the mid 70s. I don't think he ever started (could be wrong about that), but he had a pretty long career with the Jets.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Good pick. He did start quite a bit his last year in 1977. Jimmy Streater starting getting more of the time as the season ended.

VN Store

Back