Your favorite John Ward play call of all-time?

Volosaurus rex

Doctorate in Volology
I ran across this video montage that was prepared in advance of the last episode of John Ward's weekly Sunday show: Tennessee Football - John Ward Announcer - Greatest Play Calls - YouTube. For those of you who have followed the Big Orange for more decades than you care to admit, this will surely conjure up memories of the Glory Years and a "host of Volunteers." My question for you is: Out of all the great John Ward play calls featured here, which are your favorites and why do they, in particular, resonate?

"And as the crowd begins to roar and roar and roar.....to the deafening cheers of 95,000 fans....the Volunteers coming out to the gate.....dressed in Orange and White. The crowd comes alive.....the Volunteers are ready....it's time, ladies and gentlemen.......IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!:

Been my alarm clock for the last year, ever since I found the ringtone.

Reactions: 11 people
They were all great. Listening to Tennessee Football on a cool crisp fall Saturday afternoon will never be the same. Wish he were back in the booth.

Reactions: 5 people
I was stationed in Japan in 1993. The Armed Forces Network had the Florida game on. Ward "No matter where you are in the world, ITS FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE". Brought a tear to my eye.

Reactions: 6 people
"And as the crowd begins to roar and roar and roar.....to the deafening cheers of 95,000 fans....the Volunteers coming out to the gate.....dressed in Orange and White. The crowd comes alive.....the Volunteers are ready....it's time, ladies and gentlemen.......IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE!!!!:

Dude , what's the name of that ringtone? What do I search? I beg of you sir....

At ND when he called their last sec field goal good when it was actually no good. " It's good no its no good,its no good." 2nd favorite Jeff Powell's run against Miami in the Sugar Bowl.

Reactions: 3 people

Where can I find that ringtone?

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/167306-crowd-begins-roar.html

Right here

Reactions: 1 person
That's a tough question!
SO many great calls..
I always liked it when he said "5,4,3,2,1,6!

No siree! No siree! Is classic.

In 1982, when we finally beat bummer for the first time since 1970, after he said "we're gonna let you count it down...5,4,3,2,1..final score: Tennessee 35. Alabama 28, and the crowd goes BE-serk!

Pandamoniam reigns is also classic

yes sir one of my favorites. I used to have the soundbite on myold computer. it played everytime windows opened up. I woul love it again.:hi:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back