Fulmer to ETSU?

I'm not convinced that Phil would get back in it---but if he were he's probably got more than a few opportunities out there. It would be interesting to see what kind of team he would field.

Reactions: 2 people
ETSU never should have dropped football. Good that they are getting back in it. Wonder if they can get back in the Southern Conference, though?

Reactions: 1 person
Evidently, Phil has no sense of who he is or his accomplishments. Won a NC, has a top 10 SEC coaching record, and is a HOF member. "Helping" ETSU would be fine; but not in a HC capacity. Why demean an outstanding legacy? As each UT coaching hire fizzles, Phil looks better & better. I would not mess with that. Additionally, Phil's assistants were prominent in his successes.

Reactions: 5 people
Evidently, Phil has no sense of who he is or his accomplishments. Won a NC, has a top 10 SEC coaching record, and is a HOF member. "Helping" ETSU would be fine; but not in a HC capacity. Why demean an outstanding legacy? As each UT coaching hire fizzles, Phil looks better & better. I would not mess with that. Additionally, Phil's assistants were prominent in his successes.

Same reason Larry Coker is at UTSA.

We're moving back to tn from nc in the next couple years, if they restart that program my ne will def be in the hat for a db or grad asst job.

Pixie dust ran out

ETSU never should have dropped football. Good that they are getting back in it. Wonder if they can get back in the Southern Conference, though?

they would likely need to - the A-Sun has no Football Schools.

Interestingly, ETSU was blindsided with getting kicked out of the SC, as in Pres. Stanton never saw that coming until the decision to drop FB was made. I'm a '99 ETSU Alum, and the thought process to kill football started in '98. His end game was to look great on paper as a reformer President that could fix the books and he wanted the UT job badly. (I did my internship with the firm that held the ETSU sports marketing account, and have first-hand knowledge of his goals.) Obviously, that didn't work out for him, specifically for killing Football, and he was never behind bringing FB back on any circumstances afterward.

IMO, phase one is getting a new outdoor field built, as the dome is terrible and can even kill a fired up fan base, more so a lethargic one.

i have a son at etsu that played high school football and i was kidding with him when the thought of football coming back was announced that fulmer was coming there lol

I don't see this happening. A team that hasn't had a football team in years would take years to rebuild and he wouldn't be in it for that.

Reactions: 2 people

Did you ever watch a game there? They had no choice. The women's chess team filled the mini dome with more fans than the football team.

I don't see this happening. A team that hasn't had a football team in years would take years to rebuild and he wouldn't be in it for that.

If they start their football program back up, who better than Fulmer to rebuild it? He's not getting offers anywhere else and he gets to stay in NE Tennessee.

I think.it would be a good move for both. Phil is a NC coach, a TN guy. That caliber player would jump at the opportunity to play for Phil. On that level of talent Phil would be a superstar.

He cold bring.in good talent, have them.winning in a few years and retire. It would add to his legacy and put ETSU back in business. I think it would be a win - win for both.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think he would coach, maybe do fundraising type stuff. Def don't think he would head the program if he does coach.

ETSU may work for Phil. There is a Krispy Kreme not far from the campus.

You are a piece of S**t! I'll bet you are fat just like 75% of the country.

Not a single poster on this board can hold Fulmer's jock! He is great and you suck A$$!! Your life is a joke!

You feel good about yourself yet?

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back