3 Walk on gets Scholarships

this isn't Big10. Coach Jones needs to "process" players like Saban.

Wonder if Drummer or West will actually see the field at WR?

Played with West in high school. Not even one our 10 best players honestly. But, our team was loaded. Had several DII and DIII players. He was maybe the 3rd best WR (generously there) and the 4th best DB until his senior year.

He's a great kid and love him like a brother. but nobody at our school in the past 20 years was good enough to go DI in any sport (Except for Brynae Laxton who played for the vols in the 90's). Seems like a head scratcher to me.

Won't it be most of these kids final year? We have the scholarships to spare this year and they'll open right back up next year. Class move by Butch.

Reactions: 8 people
Pure ignorance.

Nope. Im glad these guys earned their scholarships. Kudos to them. However, I was just waiting for 3* police, the "stop giving schollies to non 5*s", "walk-ons don't deserve scholarships", "CBJ can only sign 2* and walk-ons", etc.

We all know it will happen with this fan base.

Reactions: 2 people
I have no problem with it for all we know CDD made promises that CBJ is simply following through on. It doesn't affect how many players we can sign this year anyway so why not.

How can this not affect how many players we can sign? We will still have to abide by the 85 players on scholarship. Wouldn't this mean 3 less recruits?

tell us our recruiting class is going to suck.

O' we are doing OK :thumbsup:
Rivals we are 28
24/7 we are 32
Scout we are 46.

What I don't understand is how can Penn st be pulling better than us with all thier problems. Makes no sense.

How can this not affect how many players we can sign? We will still have to abide by the 85 players on scholarship. Wouldn't this mean 3 less recruits?

You're assuming that we're at max capacity . . . which we're not. We wouldn't be handing out schollies to walk ons if we were.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back