903 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on 3 Walk on gets Scholarships Page 4. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #46
jps2194
Vol for Life

3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
Classy move and I'm sure they know what they are doing in regards to the number of scholarships available. Glad to see Drummer get one, he's an alum of Powell High School where my son plays
Old 01-18-2013, 11:42 AM   #47
Orange Daddy

3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
never heard of that one, 1 semester only????
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #48
Scotty's Flat Top
I'm hurtin' Linda

3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
I am on YouTube but I can't seem to find confirmation on this OP? Hmm.. oh yeah only that attention seeking dooshwhore James Franklin does that. Carry on.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #49
sanddune50

3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlw4n View Post
You guys see the news today? According to Evan Woodbery these schollies are for the spring semester only (as sort of a reward). As a result, they will NOT affect the number of recruits we can bring in the fall (which they clearly would have).

Link:

https://plus.google.com/communities/...b-ce69bbbd09af
Well that's cool. Glad CBJ can do something nice for the walk ons without affecting our scholly numbers.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #50
 GAVol 
Super Moderator

3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlw4n View Post
You guys see the news today? According to Evan Woodbery these schollies are for the spring semester only (as sort of a reward). As a result, they will NOT affect the number of recruits we can bring in the fall (which they clearly would have).

Link:

https://plus.google.com/communities/...b-ce69bbbd09af
just read that. I really like the gesture.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #51
1truevol

3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
Happy for the kids and their parents, but I have a hard time awarding scholarships to players that are not going to see the field. I mean one is a back up place kicker, one is a holder, and the other has yet to play an active snap in a game??? I get the "hey they're from TN" but......?
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #52
MyBloodRunnethOrange
Jesus is Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1truevol View Post
Happy for the kids and their parents, but I have a hard time awarding scholarships to players that are not going to see the field. I mean one is a back up place kicker, one is a holder, and the other has yet to play an active snap in a game??? I get the "hey they're from TN" but......?
If it's for the spring semester and doesn't hurt recuiting then I'm all for it. Reward these kids for their hard work.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #53
supersmo18
#1 Orange-Lister

3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgu7 View Post
this isn't Big10. Coach Jones needs to "process" players like Saban.
Go dig for some taters, troll.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:14 PM   #54
90 Vol
Standard Redneck

Hey!!! I thought James Franklin was the only one that did this sort of thing. We really missed the boat by not having this on ESPN.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #55
EBFVOL

3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBloodRunnethOrange View Post
If it's for the spring semester and doesn't hurt recuiting then I'm all for it. Reward these kids for their hard work.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Sorry I only had half the story earlier and I am glad to see it was true it will not effect the number of this class. Very classy move IMO.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #56
Daloth

3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexkyvol View Post
Seems like a hater to me
Nope. Just giving an opinion from someone who played at the same level on the same exact team (albeit on a much better squad). We won 18 straight regular season games at one point and were ranked #1 for our classification for a majority of a year, and not a one of us was DI good, not even close. Our coaches would tell you that. We had several DII and DIII kids, nothing more. Do some research before you accuse someone of being a hater. The truth remains the truth, no matter what you "believe." I bled with old dilly, won many battles with him, and lost a few too, and I'm glad he's gotten the opportunity. But there is no excuse for UT to be giving scholarships to anyone that I've played with in my lifetime.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 06:06 PM   #57
vols-1

3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships 3 Walk on gets Scholarships
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1truevol View Post
Welcome to the 21st Century Vols
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #58
governmentmule

congrats to the players, classy move for sure

as all ways Go Lady Vols
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #59
UTwild82

Proverbial "we shouldn't be wasting scholarships/These coaches don't know what they're doing/I know what I'm doing because I watch football and post on Volnation" comment.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 04:11 AM   #60
UT Hill Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty's Flat Top View Post
I am on YouTube but I can't seem to find confirmation on this OP? Hmm.. oh yeah only that attention seeking dooshwhore James Franklin does that. Carry on.
It's so true that Franklin is a doosh pushing his agenda. The proof is evident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOJu5P7hBbo
Reply With Quote TOP