Bray to meet with Ty Detmer

bornbleddinorange

we'll get em next year
schadjoe Joe Schad
@schadjoe: Tyler Bray, one of the youngest players in the upcoming NFL Draft, has some upcoming meetings w former BYU QB Ty Detmer

I say we put the tough losses with Bray behind us as a fanbase. We have to back him and hope he has a great NFL career. Tennessee hasnt put a lot of kids in the leauge the last few years and it will be important for Butch and the future of the program if guys like Bray, CP, and Hunter have success. I really think throughout the combine that all 3 will see their draft stock climb.

Reactions: 22 people
schadjoe Joe Schad
@schadjoe: Tyler Bray, one of the youngest players in the upcoming NFL Draft, has some upcoming meetings w former BYU QB Ty Detmer

I say we put the tough losses with Bray behind us as a fanbase. We have to back him and hope he has a great NFL career. Tennessee hasnt put a lot of kids in the leauge the last few years and it will be important for Butch and the future of the program if guys like Bray, CP, and Hunter have success. I really think throughout the combine that all 3 will see their draft stock climb.

For what to learn how to run the scout team.

Reactions: 4 people
Bray may very well make it in the NFL. I wish him the best.

He has the size and the talent but he needs the work ethic, the great coaching and the maturity to make it in the NFL.

He could quiet possibly make i,t but I am more inclined to think that he goes to San Diego, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc. and learn from an All Pro starter. So, it may be several years before we actually see him play much...

I'd venture a guess that Bray will make more money in 2 NFL years (even if it's only scout squad stuff) than you will make in a decade, so continue to make yourself look like a toolbag just because things haven't gone the way you'd hope with UT football (or your life).

Reactions: 9 people
He throws a gorgeous deep ball, just needs to probably put some touch on the short stuff. I think he could eventually be a starter and I hope he makes it.

Reactions: 1 person
Wish him the best. Enjoyed watching him play. Oh, how much better his 2012 season would have been if Sal Sunseri had never been hired. I think we'd all have much better memories of Bray, if that had been the case

Bray made the right move. He could use another year of college, but it would not make up for the poor QB talent in this years draft. Without any obvious good QBs in the draft, a QB with a huge upside(which Bray has) is likely to go much higher than they would in a year with more reliable QBs. He will go reasonably high, with the expectation that he may be a starter in 2-4 years. The chance for him to grow in an environment where he is not asked to go out and have huge numbers every single outing for the team to have a chance will pay off tremendously. The problem with Bray's development was not Dooley, or Chaney, it was the piss poor situation of being up against the best in the SEC(country) every week knowing he had to score on nearly every possession, with a modest running game.

Ty better watch Bray around his girlfriend.

I've heard on here that he tried to steal somebody's.....

The way some of you guys attack current and former players (Tyler Bray) is really amazing. You must think you are really being insightful and/or entertaining.

For most of us, you are pathetic. It seems that you get your sense of worth from being able to put your foot on someone neck, so you feel worthy of living. (I guess)

Bray's problems may have been cured, if he had a different coaching situation and team culture. We will never know, but, the next few years should reveal if he is as sorry as you seem to think he is. In the meantime grow up a little.

Reactions: 3 people
I'd venture a guess that Bray will make more money in 2 NFL years (even if it's only scout squad stuff) than you will make in a decade, so continue to make yourself look like a toolbag just because things haven't gone the way you'd hope with UT football (or your life).

From what I have always understood, scout squad players earn a maxium of $70,000 per season.

According to the Green bay Packers website, B.J. Coleman, a q.b. on the scout team, earns $45,000 per season.

So, I would hope that I would earn more than than in a decade....

CP will climb and Bray and Hunter will fall.

M Te' O will definately fall. HIs poor performance in the NCAA Championship game shows he can't do well against top NCAA pro prospects, much less real NFL players.

His imaginery girl friend shows that he has integrity and maturity issues.

With those two issues in his life, I would say the Raiders select him in the 1st round....

VN Store

Back